Rip Mr Squishy

MBOU

Recovering LFS Worker
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Im feeling so down at the moment, amazing the pain of losing a loved one.

I had to make the decision to have my beloved hamster put to sleep today, he had a big and very fast growing tumour... he would have been 6 years old next month so he had very good innings!...

But doesnt take the pain away...

I got Mr Squishy at 5 weeks old, he was bred by Happy Valley Hamstery and i got him by accident LOL, I was at a Rodent and Rabbit show in Reading and knew i was plainning to start a hamstery and i chose two gorgeous males, a Yellow named Dante and a Honey named Daiquiri and then this tiny little weed of a cream stumbled out of the nest... i was in love instantly and left with 3 boys!! Dante and Daiquiri were rehomed to another breeder when i had lots of their babies that i could show under my own name... but Mr Squishy.. he was different.

When i had to move house suddenly and rehome ALL my animals, Mr Squishy came with me and he has always looked after me.

Hamsters might just be a common old rodent to some people, but its amazing the peace they can give you, a reason to get up in the morning, a reason to have some motivation to do something like clean out his cage.

For most people i guess its hard to understand, but when suffering from depression, its te 'little ones' that get you through and its the heartbreak of loss that is devastating. I've lost my best friend.

cream1.jpg

203-1.jpg

MrSquishyandprizes.jpg

BECMale.jpg

Rest In Piece my friend...

I am so sorry for your loss, we had to make the decision last July with one of our dogs so i know how you are feeling,its just so upsetting.... big ((((((((hugs)))))))) xx

I feel for you MBOU.... very sad to hear..... You can get another one, but you cannot replace him....

I'm so very sorry, it is just so painful when you lose a pet you adore - it's strange isn't it, we all have one very special pet who will remain in our hearts forever - long may he remain in yours :wub:

I would love to nominate that last photo of Mr Squishy for POTM, I think it's a fitting tribute to a gorgeous hamster, would that be ok?

Seffie x

That would mean a lot! Thank you seffie! Just made me well up with tears again LOL.

Most reactions

Back