Rio 400 Cycle Log

First double zeros in 12 hours, qualifying week begins now!

My plan is once the week is up to drain the tank and run the filters on the bucket for a day or two while I do the aquascaping and planting. Refill and switch filters back then add fish the next day. Is this a good idea or is there a better way?

That should be ok. I am a bit jealous as I am off work sick so cant play with my 400.

Tom

My plan is once the week is up to drain the tank and run the filters on the bucket for a day or two while I do the aquascaping and planting. Refill and switch filters back then add fish the next day. Is this a good idea or is there a better way?

That should be ok. I am a bit jealous as I am off work sick so cant play with my 400.

Tom

Hope you get well soon mate. Better off sick than being told your job is due to not exist in 90 days, whats worse the final day they gave me is my Birthday!

Tom

Hope you get well soon mate. Better off sick than being told your job is due to not exist in 90 days, whats worse the final day they gave me is my Birthday!

OMG, sorry to hear that Mark, hope it all turns out ok.

Tom

OMG, sorry to hear that Mark, hope it all turns out ok.
Thanks Tom, I am sure it will. Got 3 months to sort something out

Crazy couple of days, Nitrites bounced and PH crashed and Nitrate went off the chart, I suspect the Nitrite bounce was related to the PH crash and high Nitrates so did a 100% water change, and while I was at it fitted the 405 with spray bar and changed the powerhead.

Things look to be back on track and all being well the qualifying week can restart tomorrow

looking good :good: I had a ph crash in one of tanks while cycling did the same waterchange and pinch of bi carb, was cycled 8 days later dont worry too much :good:

Been a busy few days so not been able to update the thread, but its all looking good. First plants arrived today (was not expecting them yet!) so have set them up with sand in the bottom of some coke bottles, should give them a hand until I can do the aquascaping in the next couple of days. I think the cycle is pretty much there, and should be adding fish at the weekend!

Most reactions

Back