Ricordea...

Buddyboy67

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Main area of my reef i given over to this beautiful little anemone..coming in numerous colours i find it irresistable, especially under uv lighting. Suitable for even low light levels these living jewels should find a place in any reef..

IMGP5791.jpg

IMGP5458.jpg

IMGP5267.jpg

IMGP5272.jpg

IMGP5275.jpg

IMGP5264.jpg

Just some of the colour morphs I keep..all bought as single rics , some now split into 6 and 7 heads, so spreading nicely.

nice ricordea's! i was planning on getting some but i found a small bubble tip for $5 so i got that instead

:drool: Yes I share your love of them I have 3 in my nano and am hoping to have a large garden in my 5' tank, as you say, they can do ok with less light :good:

Most split every couple of months...first couple added now got 6/7 heads each..added last sept..
When spot fed with mysis this speeds them up!!

I got my first ric a month ago although I have been keeping marines some years and its great, especially under the artinics. hasnt divided yet but looking forward to when it does.

They look cracking. How do you feed them/ best way? Also where is the best location for them?

Feeding is not essential, saying that I spot feed mine with mysis/adult brineshrimp about twice a week, as I found it increases their growth and speeds up splitting and spreading. They dont like it too bright , this causes them to bleach and loose colour..however if too dark the same can happen, so keep near the bttom in brightly lit tanks, or at least in the bottom half and out of strong direct flow. A very rewarding addition to any reef set up and have to be seen under uv or blue led's at night to be believed....

This one shows most of my ric garden, as you can see they come in a colour to suit any taste...

DSCF8067.jpg

Thats brilliant. How do you spot feed them? Just asking becuause I presume there is a few different ways & I am a newbie :rolleyes:

Mix up your frozen foods in some tank water and simply use a pipette, turkey baster, syringe, etc to squirt this mix directly onto the rics...The food will be caught on their surface and moved towards their mouth..as said they will survive and multiply without direct feeding, although this speeds up the process...
My motto is..if it has a mouth, feed it!!!! lol

Most reactions

Back