Ricordea florida

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi...thought everyone might enjoy a view of my new ricordea florida at night. SH

ricordea2.jpg

ricordea1.jpg

Hi S

I have the same one and I love it, I will post some pics when I get home tonight,

They really are one of the nicest looking softies out.

Del

:wub: :wub:

agree....what is it that makes them fluoresce? I guess it is the pigments/ xanthins? SH

Well from what I know (Dont Laugh) Fluorescence is the name given for the absorption of light at a specific wavelength and its re-emission for a source at another wavelength, (ie One colour in another colour/s out)

As to why Ric's (& other corals) have this ability I dont know the Biological reason or workings behind it, I suppose it is almost similar to Bioluminesance expect that creature's with this dont need a sourse light to begin with (like Ric's do)

Very interesting question BTW

Maybe someone can help us out on it

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I will get a pic for you honestly, but I was out parting last nigh and didnt get home until 4am and could hardly hold myself up never mind pointing a camera

:lol: :lol:

Partying? Ahhh...I remember those days...wait til you get married and have kids. Partying now is having a quiet moment on the couch with your wife and a glass of something after the kids crash. LOLOLOL. SH

Finally got some pics of the Rics

just noticed there is no browse button on the add reply post, how do I add pics to this post

-_- -_-

Go to photobucket.com.....open a free account. Browse and upload your photos. Cut and paste the last line under your photo and include it in your post. SH

ok here we go

100_1376.jpg

Moonlight View

000_0001.jpg

There are my favorite Softie, just a pity they are so Hidiously expensive in the UK, even thought of bringing them in from the states, but dont have the proper paperwork

:-( :-(

Most reactions

Back