Rewarding Myself To New Aquarium

That looks absolutely beautiful! 
drool.gif

I vote for black~

Hi m8 love the tank gave me some inspiration to redo my tank . Have u got anymore progress updates really interested to see how it's getting on

I have done very little other than I fell out of love with the Pogostemon erectus so recently removed all of that and added some Limnophila hippuridoides, Rotala wallichii, Hygrophila polysperma and Hygrophila lancea.  Done a severe cut back on everything else but mainly the cryps. 
Here's how it looks today
smile.png

0071024x488_zps10b46fd3.jpg

Oh, and I've ditched the spraybar and added a 750 L/H powerhead!

Looking good do the fish eat your plants
What made u get rid of the spray bar .

My selection of fish type has to all intense purposes eliminated any plant consumption, sometimes the tiger barbs and corys get a little rough and dislodge the odd plant. I'm trying the regular Fluval 306 outlet instead of the spray bar to see if I can get even more flow to help keep my plants algae free, not decided if things have improved from doing so, think I was getting fewer dead spots with the spray bar but less overall movement.
smile.png

Would adding a powerhead help you with that flow control rather than removing the spray bar?

Just a thought.

KirkyArcher said:
I have done very little other than I fell out of love with the Pogostemon erectus so recently removed all of that and added some Limnophila hippuridoides, Rotala wallichii, Hygrophila polysperma and Hygrophila lancea.  Done a severe cut back on everything else but mainly the cryps. 
Here's how it looks today
smile.png

0071024x488_zps10b46fd3.jpg

Oh, and I've ditched the spraybar and added a 750 L/H powerhead!

Ch4rlie said:
Would adding a powerhead help you with that flow control rather than removing the spray bar?

Just a thought.

Ahem!
smile.png

What I may end up doing is refit the spray bar but after enlarging the holes

How fast things grow! I've put the reflectors back on at the weekend and lights on period has been extended by an hour now that I have a new Co2 tank after accidently dumping a huge amount of gas to atmosphere, practically emptying the bottle completely and couldn't get full bubble count and now the "reds" are duly colouring up again with basic T8 lights @ just 1.1 wpg :)  Will be fitting a new "Original UP New Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System" from Co2Art this weekend (thanks again to Diaze for the heads up on this retailer :) ) the previous one that I had was designed for a smaller hose size and so restricted flow a little too much for my liking. 

jj003_zpsbc1ad990.jpg

Lovely growth!  Glad to see your reds colouring up again, it's nice to see that you can have colour in a low light tank if you give them what they need!

End on shot of tank after another cut back on the background plants.

tank017800x710_zpsd3f094d8.jpg

And a pic of "Tippy"

I forgot to mention I have refitted the spray bar with newly enlarged holes, haven't got a clue what some of these plants are to my shame
sad.png
but the reflectors are definitely helping Redden up the new growth of my plants
smile.png

Very pretty colours on the new growth!  Why did you enlarge the holes on the spray bar, are you trying to reduce flow?

Enlarging the holes actually increased the flow, which is what I wanted to achieve
smile.png

Really beautiful tank and the thread is a great read. Thanks for documenting and sharing. What are the two fish in the centre, orange and black stripe, in the picture above? 

Most reactions

Back