Rescued a sick Betta

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

On a positive note Syd is feeling so much better! He's eating and frisky and the white thing on his head slowly peeled off and is gone. I watched him off and on most of the day.

He's exploring his jar and even flared at me! He is a quick little swimmer too! I plan on housing him in another 2.5 gallon tank like my Delta tail Miles lives in. :)

This poor little guy deserves a better fate than to die in a freezing plastic cup in a pet shop. I don't care what anyone thinks.

On a positive note Syd is feeling so much better! He's eating and frisky and the white thing on his head slowly peeled off and is gone. I watched him off and on most of the day.

He's exploring his jar and even flared at me! He is a quick little swimmer too! I plan on housing him in another 2.5 gallon tank like my Delta tail Miles lives in. :)

This poor little guy deserves a better fate than to die in a freezing plastic cup in a pet shop. I don't care what anyone thinks.

I agree with you I rescued my Sid (Sidney) from one of those stupid cups he is a whole different fish since I first got him it really makes a difference when you release them from that hell....o hole I now have him in a 15g he loves it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you I rescued my Sid (Sidney) from one of those stupid cups he is a whole different fish since I first got him it really makes a difference when you release them from that hell....o hole I now have him in a 15g he loves it !!

That's great news on your Sid! It's amazing how much they come alive once they trust you and start feeling better and have more room! Luckily my two other Bettas came home healthy.

I have my blue Veiltail Betta Phil in a 5.5 gallon and he loves it. He's a very strong little swimmer (for a Betta) and dive bombs around his tank from top to bottom. He's happy by himself hunting through his floating Hornwort.

Miles being a more showy blue and red Delta tail with billowing fins is much more majestic and swims around gently or just sits in his floating plants. The odd time he will flare. He doesn't seem to mind the smaller real estate. He loves to hide in his Pagoda. He's very laid back.

That's great news on your Sid! It's amazing how much they come alive once they trust you and start feeling better and have more room! Luckily my two other Bettas came home healthy.

I have my blue Veiltail Betta Phil in a 5.5 gallon and he loves it. He's a very strong little swimmer (for a Betta) and dive bombs around his tank from top to bottom. He's happy by himself hunting through his floating Hornwort.

Miles being a more showy blue and red Delta tail with billowing fins is much more majestic and swims around gently or just sits in his floating plants. The odd time he will flare. He doesn't seem to mind the smaller real estate. He loves to hide in his Pagoda. He's very laid back.

I can't wait to get another betta. They are just such beautiful, underrated creatures that deserve better than a fishbowl or a plastic cup.

I can't wait to get another betta. They are just such beautiful, underrated creatures that deserve better than a fishbowl or a plastic cup.

Absolutely they have the best personality mine loves to sit in his floating log at the end of the day and stare at me lol gets super excited when I approach the tank and if I put two of my fingers in the tank he will wiggle between them and rub up against them lol

Last edited:
Oh yes my Phil sees my I index finger he knows food pellets are coming so he swims up and down wiggling and then races to the surface for his prey...lol If he is sitting in his floating log and sees me he races out to the front and does his dance too! Miles will play in his sponge filter bubbles which is one of his favourite pastimes

They are so much fun!

Oh yes my Phil sees my I index finger he knows food pellets are coming so he swims up and down wiggling and then races to the surface for his prey...lol If he is sitting in his floating log and sees me he races out to the front and does his dance too! Miles will play in his sponge filter bubbles which is one of his favourite pastimes

They are so much fun!

They have such great personalities!

That's great news on your Sid!

Lots of Sids here....

...maybe I'll name my future betta Sid too...haha, jk

Well my "Syd" is named after Roger "Syd" Barrett the original singer and songwriter for Pink Floyd. ;)

As for my Syd at day six he's still doing great! He's like a normal Betta.. exploring, curious and begging for food...lol

Saturday is Betta treat day here which means everybody gets a pre-soaked freeze dried blood worm with their daily pellets. My other two Bettas gobble them up. Not Syd..he spit it out and wouldn't even look at...lol I guess he's a pellet guy! Sunday is fast day for my Bettas. :)

Well my "Syd" is named after Roger "Syd" Barrett the original singer and songwriter for Pink Floyd. ;)

As for my Syd at day six he's still doing great! He's like a normal Betta.. exploring, curious and begging for food...lol

Saturday is Betta treat day here which means everybody gets a pre-soaked freeze dried blood worm with their daily pellets. My other two Bettas gobble them up. Not Syd..he spit it out and wouldn't even look at...lol I guess he's a pellet guy! Sunday is fast day for my Bettas. :)

My Sid just looked like a Sidney lol

Lol, my old betta Titus (in my profile picture) loved freeze dried bloodworms but he never really ate them. I mean, he eventually swallowed them but for a minute or two the bloodworm would just be sticking out of his mouth and he would just swim around with it!

Lol, my old betta Titus (in my profile picture) loved freeze dried bloodworms but he never really ate them. I mean, he eventually swallowed them but for a minute or two the bloodworm would just be sticking out of his mouth and he would just swim around with it!

Haha! The first time I gave one my Delta tail Miles he did the same until he ate it! Like a dog with a bone!

Haha! The first time I gave one my Delta tail Miles he did the same until he ate it! Like a dog with a bone!

Geez Sid must be a pig I just hold it over his head and I’m going what the ? It’s gone [emoji23]

Geez Sid must be a pig I just hold it over his head and I’m going what the ? It’s gone [emoji23]

Yeah Miles is like that now. When it's feeding time he rushes over to the corner where I feed him and waits doing the wiggles. I am sure I can train him to take food off my finger...lol

Most reactions

Back