Rescaping 20 gallon and advice for other tanks

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Matt.has.fish

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been keeping fish for almost 2 years now. I have 20 gallon, 10 gallon and 5 gallon. My 5 Gallon has a male betta fish with some live plants, and is doing well aside from some minor algae issues but I’m not sure if I can keep something in there to help with the algae. My 10 gallon has been doing great for quite some time having dwarf Gourami, 3 zebra danios and a panda Corydora. My twenty gallon has been giving me issues recently and this seems like the best time to get it sorted. Currently all that is in there is a golden mystery snail who is doing fine. I have a lot of live plants but they are not growing the way that I wanted to and have been giving me issues along with algae problems which are not helping the situation. I have the standard top fin 20 gallon filter and a air stone with an air pump. I want to make this tank into something I will be happy with and not have a ridiculous amount of issues and cleanings like it currently needs. Any advice for new easy to care for plants which grow nicely, new stocking(I was even just considering a large school of neon tetras which would look nice), and how I can reshape this tank into something I would enjoy. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
I like anacharis and amazon swords personally and the they are realley nice plants and are easy to grow.

Also how long is your light on during the day because that could be why you have an algae problem.

You need to buy more cory catfish because they need to be in groups and same with the danios because they will become stressed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back