Rena 100 Air Pump

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Reaction score
PFK are offering a Rena 100 or 200 airpump if you take out a subscription. I'm thinking of swapping to sponge filters for mt 2ft divided tank, but I need a real quiet airpump. The tank is in the bedroom and so the airpump needs to be as near to silent as possible. the filter I currently use is silent most of the time but then buzzes just as I am dropping off to sleep! Argh!

Any pump is quiet as long as you keep a cloth or something under it. And yeah, It's a pain having to hear pumps and stuff in the middle of the night. I have a 55 gallon cichlid tank and a 29 gallon marine tank in my bedroom. Gets kinda noisy sometimes (all the time).

Thanks. Anyone actually got one of these airpumps?? And can someone explain the concept of sponge filters to me? I mean, do they just work the same as a normal internal filter, but without the plastic casing??? And I guess I'll have to run them alongside my usual filter for a month or so, so they seed with bacterias??

I use the Rena air pumps on my tanks and found them to be extremely quiet.:good:

sounds good is it the 100 or the 200 ,cos the 200 sounds better ,just googled them lol

You can choose between the 100 and 200, i went for the 100 cos it is only for a 60 litre tank and the 100 does for up to 100 litres...

Lol, I was gonna subscribe anyway, was just waiting for the freebie to be anything BUT the test kit, which I really don't need!

Most reactions

Back