Rekord 800 Pump Arm

sannesley

Reaction score
I've just got a new Rekord 800 to replace an old Rekord 80. I've attached the black plastic arm to the side of the black box (don't know its proper name) in the corner of the tank that houses the filter, heater and pump. The arm has a 45 degree angle and I currently have it facing upwards so that the water pumped out by the filter is pumped upwards towards the surface.

The thing is I'm not sure if that is the proper way to set it. I can't find any pictures on the packaging or in the CD manual and I'm just wondering if this is the correct orientation for the filter arm. :blink: What set up do you guys have on any rekord 800 tanks you own?? :unsure:

I've just got a new Rekord 800 to replace an old Rekord 80. I've attached the black plastic arm to the side of the black box (don't know its proper name) in the corner of the tank that houses the filter, heater and pump. The arm has a 45 degree angle and I currently have it facing upwards so that the water pumped out by the filter is pumped upwards towards the surface.

The thing is I'm not sure if that is the proper way to set it. I can't find any pictures on the packaging or in the CD manual and I'm just wondering if this is the correct orientation for the filter arm. :blink: What set up do you guys have on any rekord 800 tanks you own?? :unsure:

Thats the way I have mine set in my rekord 800

I've also got the pump arm pointing towards the surface, am I right in saying that if the surface of the water is rippling that oxygen is entering the water, if so I can stop the airstone..... relating to the previous comment about unless its a planted tank, why would you not have the arm pointing up... cheers

I've also got the pump arm pointing towards the surface, am I right in saying that if the surface of the water is rippling that oxygen is entering the water, if so I can stop the airstone..... relating to the previous comment about unless its a planted tank, why would you not have the arm pointing up... cheers

because plants need co2 not oxygen

Thanks for the reply, I know that, but I thought you could have a balance, when I have the lights on I turn the small air stone off, and only have it on during the night, however, what I was getting at was if the pump arm is turned upward and causing ripples (not rough one just surface movement) does this introduce oxygen into the water?

because plants need co2 not oxygen
they need both, plants respire too

if youre injecting CO2 then have the arm face downwards.

thanks, I haven't enough plants as yet to move to co2 injecting, thats my next step, having the arm pointing upwards creates ripples but does not break the water, is this enough to introduce oxygen into the water? if so I'm going to stop using the air stone..... what do you reckon? cheers

thanks, I haven't enough plants as yet to move to co2 injecting, thats my next step, having the arm pointing upwards creates ripples but does not break the water, is this enough to introduce oxygen into the water? if so I'm going to stop using the air stone..... what do you reckon? cheers
any surface movement is enough, even the slightest ripple

Most reactions

Back