Red Tailed Shark....i Think He Doesnt Want The Tiger Barbs There?

4CalendarC

Reaction score
well basically i have a 30gal tank, with 1 opaline gourami, one red tailed shark and three tiger barbs.
the people at the fish store said it wasnt a bad idea to get these fish and well now im starting to think the tiger barbs arent a good idea.

the red tailed shark leaves the gourami alone sense the gourami is a big fellow, but he just murdered 1 of the tiger barbs and i asume the other two will go eventually sense they are getting chased non stop.

any ideas on what other fish can go with the gourami and the red tailed shark? im thinking the tiger barbs picked on the shark and he's going to take them out.

well basically i have a 30gal tank, with 1 opaline gourami, one red tailed shark and three tiger barbs.
the people at the fish store said it wasnt a bad idea to get these fish and well now im starting to think the tiger barbs arent a good idea.

the red tailed shark leaves the gourami alone sense the gourami is a big fellow, but he just murdered 1 of the tiger barbs and i asume the other two will go eventually sense they are getting chased non stop.

any ideas on what other fish can go with the gourami and the red tailed shark? im thinking the tiger barbs picked on the shark and he's going to take them out.

I think you'll find the redtail shark WILL start chasing the gourami if he kills the barbs. they are VERY territorial. and very agressive.
I'd take the shark back and get more tiger barbs.

as for your gourami, depending on what species it is, it may grow too big for your tank

I have a RTBS that has a dislike for my Pentazona Barbs (look just like Tigers). Any way a few more weeks on and a look more bog wood (hidding places) the RTBS has settled in and doesn't chase may barbs much. How ever alot of the tank (70gal) is his and his alone.

well i was going to get a few more barbs then lol, i can deal with one or two getting popped off, i think my mistake was getting the smaller cheaper tigers. the shark stays inside this really huge castle in the tank with my algea eater that i've had for a year (he doesnt mess with the huge algea eater lol)

im not very keen on the shark...i have a rainbow shark and he chased my rosie barbs (rip) all day long and ripped up their tailfins...you could consider taking it back to your lfs!

I have had a rtb shark in my aquarium for about 4 years. In the beginning, he used to get bullied by an upside-down catfish I had. Later it died, I got a chinease algae eater. Well, for about 2 years straight it bullied and chased by RTB around, but now, since the RTB is full grown, it is the KING of the tank.

Most reactions

Back