The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hiya guys

i lost 2 guppies in my lil tank....then 2 opposite sex fighters

i just got in from work and my big tank has lost a fighter, 2 guppies, a frog, a ghost fish.....and my elephant nose's nose has gone light grey and floppy.....and his skin is peelin off his face

ive just put 2 n 2 together........everythin was fine til i fed them some live food.....blood worms and daphnia

does any1 else think this is the cause......?

what will happen to my other fish?

Tek :fish: :-(

shall i do a water change or will that make it worse?????

OMG!!! :crazy: That's really bad news... sori tek :-(

How did they look like when they died? any other signs? Perhaps it's something to do with parasites/bacteria if u feed them live food? or contamination of the water that the live food was living in?

Do u have another tank to temporary b their home while u r finding out the cause?

Good luck!!

they had cloudy eyes n went a sort of pale white colour

ive not got a spare tank or anythin.....not even any fish medicine.....what shall i do?

Is ur water quality alrite?

From the book that I have, cloudy eyes mayb a result of poor water quality, or mucus hyperproduction as a reaction to protozoan parasite infestation, or eye fluke, or external bacterial infection, or vitamin deficiency.

What other signs u have on the fishies? do they scratch on rocks? do they breathe heavily? staying at the top?

Perhaps putting salt in the water (1 tablespoon per 18.9L) will b a good idea as well!

water is fine......got 2 large filters running

breathin has gone slow.....flakey skin/scales.....not much energy

they have a good diet too.......flake.....freeze dried....granules and pellets

i FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU CHANGE YOUR WATER AND SEE IF THAT HELPS IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE PARSITES JUNGLE MAKES A GOOD PRODUCT FOR THAT BUT THOSE ELEPHANT NOSES ARE REAL SENATIVE TO MOST MEDICINES FOR PARSITES ALEAST THAT IS WHAT i HAVE READ THE WATER CHANGE WILL DO THEM GOOD, AND FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH I HOPE THEY GET BETTER FOR YOU I CANT STAND LOSING ANY FISH AT ALL I CRY IF I LOSE A GUPPY FRY

Waste no time. Change 30-50% of the water immediately and add
salt as mentioned about. Salt will kill some parsites. Neither of these things will hurt and will be a free step in the right direction. Take action now. Hopefully you can save some fish. :(

Most reactions

Back