rainbow shark

justethe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i got this rainbow shark yesterday i was wondering how many i can have together and how big will they get ? :unsure:

6' inches is right and they are agresive towards any fish that looks like a carp or minnow I put a common goldfish with mine and It chased it all the time so I took it (the CGF) out and put it in a bowl (will feed it to a turtle soon)

Opcn

opcn said:
6' inches is right and they are agresive towards any fish that looks like a carp or minnow I put a common goldfish with mine and It chased it all the time so I took it (the CGF) out and put it in a bowl (will feed it to a turtle soon)

Opcn
You put a goldfish in a bowl?!!!! :eek: I don't think you should be mixing low coldwater with quick tropical anyway.

I don't know about all rianbow sharks obviously but I have had one in my community tank for about 4 months and he is grand. He has got fat but not long, I am not sure what size they get to. Mine is very, very dark with bright fins which is supposidy a good sign of health. I do know that you should only keep one. And no red fin/red tail shark. They even get nippy with shark shaped fish like flying foxes too. Although mine are ok.

HTH

It's cycled gravle and Ive got a filter on it so its okay for 3 days or so. then its off to the GI tract of a chinese soft shell turtle. as far as putting him in my tank he is just such a handsom fish i hate to let it go its just so good looking (and it can outrun my shark the shark is quite fat and it is quite thin and muscular)

Opcn

st.cichlid said:
can rainbows be kept with 2 oscars in a 75 :dunno:
Probably not good...

IMO 2 oscars in a 75 is pushing the bio load. I wouldnt follow the normal rule of length to volume ratio with them... but I am an advocate of leaving room for being lazy and understocking the heck out of stuff... perhaps some one knows about aggression...

Most reactions

Back