Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbit (female)

• Guinea Pig (male)

• Guinea Pig (female)

• Total voters
awww you made me choose between female and male rabbits!.... I had to go for my Girls..... (shh dont tell my boys.....)

Girls dont spray urine at you when you are right at their cage level...(got sprayed inthe face/mouth and eyes... YUCK)...
other than the spraying.... i cant say i like girls or boys better.....

No offense to Gpig people.... i did the G pig thing.... but i like my bunnies they are SOO smart and QUIET.
I have shown both Gpigs and rabbits (still am showing)... I also prefer the variety of colors and breeds in rabbits.... (GO American Fuzzy Lops....)
You can see my bunnies at www.geocities.com/bunniebabe13

i prefer female rabbits. haha maybe the one i have is oso female rabbit?

i nv take care of guinea pig before. actually most of my pets is other people got too much cannot take care of it, or dun want it le XD so now one take care of guinea pig in my family or people i know, n no one breed it so nv take care of it before. but i think i sitll prefer rabbits even i take care of guinea pig before

i would definately have to say female rabbits. I am really close to mine and i love her to bits :wub: She is so affectionate and follows me everywhere i go. If i am sitting on the grass in the garden she will run over to see me and make a little buzzing noise and then she will lick me. She will stay by me the whole time, although she can get a bit irritating at time as she is such an attention seeker lol

o tats great!!! but 1 thing i know tat if rabbit jump around ur feet or even bite ur nail she actually thinks u r her mate. saw it from one website but i 4get wat website is tat. but i nt sure of it.

Seems strange to hear people say you should never keep rabbits and guinea pigs together...We managed for nigh on 17 years through a multitude of rabbits and pigs (most of the pigs descended from the original two "girls") None of the rabbits ever broke the pigs' spines...maybe these rabbits just didn't know they are meant to be vicious killers and predators of Guinea pigs? :dunno: But then, just as with every animal, every one is different, and what works for some, won't for others.

Only rabbit we didn't keep with pigs was one that was kept on its own due to being a psychotic half wild half fancy mix from when a wild male got into a friend's female's pen. This thing had to be herded into the hutch at night with a cricket bat lest it would take chunks off your hand.

I would say guinea pigs though, having had 8 at one time The chorus of good morning when you go out to feed them is amazing.

In my experience, Cavies are almost always timid and frightful, even with lots of socialization & handling. Bunnies are much easier to tame to holding & being gentle, and they're even trainable! I also love the fur of Mini Rex's, and lop-eared Buns, Cavy fur tends to be really coarse.

Both as i have a male Rabbit and a male Guinea pig, both of them are cute so thats why we had them both as we couldn't decide, both of which are only 8 week old.

rabbits,

before i left home i had one called mikey he spent half his life in my bedroom on my bed he really understood when you were down allways came and sat with me often licking my neck and chin such sociable animals oh and he was the cleanest bunny too sat on my bed for 6 hours once and didnt goto the toilet until i returned him to his cage, warning never have 2 rabbits unless you can clearly tell if there the same gender we thought we had gay rabbits, oneday there was 2...the next 8!!!!!!!

I love both but personally I'd rather have a whole bunch of ratties anyday.

i have a female mini rabbit and 2 male guinea pigs. rabbits are nice for a cuddle and more friendly,but guineas when they finally overcome there timidness and shyness (which they eventually do due to lure of food and you being the provider) are much more fun and love to chatter away to you and are great to watch when kept in a group of 3 or 4. guinea's anyday. did keep them with rabbit for a while but rabbit chased them and the giveaway was the clumps of guinea fur hanging out her mouth, even though lady said they had always been kept together.

LATE UPDATE:

Hi All,
Thanks for all the advice that was given here, it helped. :good:

I decided on a male rabbit BTW!!! :D

I brought him the end of May, so he is about 4months old now.
His name is Gonzo and he is a white cross breed, with small areas of bluish silver on his back and ears.
I dont know what cross breed he is but im guessing he is part flop due to one of his ears being flopped, which looks v. cute. :wub:
He is a great rabbit, loves running and jumping around the garden but very mischievous :lol:

Should have some :kewlpics: to follow.

Again to all that voted or posted :thanks:

Most reactions

Back