Quiet Air Pump

eschaton

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My new stand will have room for two 10-gallon tanks on the bottom. Siphoning concerns aside, the best use for this space seems to be putting two tanks down there as dedicated QT tanks. However, there is an issue. My new tank setup will be in my bedroom. Ive already upgraded by HOB filters to an external filter in preparation, and I'm quite pleased with how quiet it is. My air pump, on the other hand, is extremely loud - I'll never be able to sleep with that going on in my bedroom. So I'm looking for a pair of small pumps (or one big one with two outlets) that I can leave in the corner of my display tank and move to the QT/fry tanks as needed. Recs would be very helpful.

I find the tetratec brand of air pumps to be very quiet

tetra tec 50 or interpets av 1, the av 1 is good because you can actually service the air filters and the the diaphrams but both pumps are good.

I have the Eheim 3702 air pump and it is silent, I had the Tetratec APS50 and found it to noisy. The Eheim has a twin outlet and comes with 2m air hose and 2 diffusers and adjustable outputs for both lines which produce 2x 100lph output. It is a bit dearer than the tetratec but I would say it is much more quieter.

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/cat...pump-p-347.html

hope this helps.

Get the smallest Rena; very quiet and quite powerful. I have the one rated for 10g on a 20g and still have to bleed off some air.

Most reactions

Back