Quick Q Regarding Electrics

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I very nearly bought one of those, but I wasn't so sure about the brand.

Update: I've ordered a 200w fluval e series heater. Looks fancy.
They are fancy. ;)

Do you have one? I was trying to find a vid on Youtube which indicated how bright the screen is in the dark and whether it's likely to keep me awake at night. I generally hide my heater behind plants and stuff anyway so not a big deal, I'd just like to know how bright I should expect it to be.

Update: I've ordered a 200w fluval e series heater. Looks fancy.
They are fancy. ;)

Do you have one? I was trying to find a vid on Youtube which indicated how bright the screen is in the dark and whether it's likely to keep me awake at night. I generally hide my heater behind plants and stuff anyway so not a big deal, I'd just like to know how bright I should expect it to be.
Yes, I've got two of them but they are hidden so I really have no idea how bright the light is. Doesn't seem so much to me.

Must say I'm very impressed with this Fluval E series heater. You can set the temperature so precisely and it actually heats to the temperature you set it to. I've found that I've had to go back through my notes and decide what temperature I actually want my tank at, rather than settling for a degree or so either side for fear I'll end up further away.

You can set the temperature so precisely and it actually heats to the temperature you set it to.
That says it all in my book.

On the subject of connections,I use a powerboard like steveo,but plugged into my main power outlet I also run one of these http://www.arlec.com.au/viewProduct.aspx?productcode=PB91&catalogueID=2&parentCatalogueID=2

It most probably saved my life the other week,was under the house fitting joists and the globe went out in the light I was using,so thinking it had blown the globe I reached to check it and the globe had broken away from the socket so the fingers went straight into the live connectors,by that time the RCD had done its work and cut the power off from the main power point,so I use one on my tanks.

You can set the temperature so precisely and it actually heats to the temperature you set it to.
That says it all in my book.

Indeed, I am very impressed by it. I've got it set to 24.0. Occasionally it slips to 24.5, sometimes 23.5, but this is acceptable to me and it's a massive improvement on my old heater where I had it set at 22 to heat the tank to 24.5. On my old heater I would have to really need to change the temperature before I was willing to mess with the setting. It's just so easy on this one.

What's more, the cable is rather long and I ended up not needing to use an extension!

Most reactions

Back