Questions

Styx

Fish Addict
Reaction score
1. Does a carbon filter, filter out Black Water Extract?

2. I've read that Emerald bettas can live peacefully together, but it didn't specify ratio. Could two males live in a 5 gallon alright? I'd like another, but the store doesn't carry females.

3. I've heard of heat pads, but are there any other ways of heating 1 gal and under tanks?

Right...

1. Sorry, NO IDEA about the filter media and stuff!

2. I think it should be fine having two emerald bettas as yes, they are quite peaceful and not very aggressive. How about when you buy your new one float the bag in with your other one and see if they show any signs of aggression. You could always buy a divider if all else fails!

3. Heat pads work very well, but you can also buy heat lights and bulbs. Most of them are blue or red in colour, but give off more heat and not so much light.

Hope this helps a little bit!
:D

Correct me if im wrong bt i thought that male bettas was strictly one a tank as they will fight to the death! Ive been told and read that they are not necessarily agressive fish yet when two males are together they wil fight so i would advise definately do not get another male!

To answer my own first question in case anyone else wanted to know, I contacted the company and they said yes, the carbon filter will filter out some of it, but not enough to affect the product.

Nuttygal – Yup! :3

Emerald bettas are of species Betta smaragdina. They are more docile than the regular betta, B. splendens.

Most reactions

Back