Questions on these species

MattW

supporting member?
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I'll soon be changing the stocking in my 60L cube as the current fish are moving to a different aquarium. The 60L has a heavily planted 10gal water section. The current stocking that is not moving is 3x amano shrimp and a single nerite snail. I'm thinking of a single group of one of these species.
  • Normans Lamp Eye Killifish
  • Daisys Blue Ricefish
  • White Cloud Mountain Minnow
My questions are basically this.

Will they be ok
in a 10G as a group of 6-8+?
in Water parameters of 7PH / 90-120ppm tds?
Female to male ratios?
Chances of aggression/compatibility?
Slow-moving water?

If none of these species work a single Betta Splendens will probably be the final choice of which I've kept previously. TIA

My six white cloud mountain minnows live peacefully with six CPD in a 10 gallon tank for over 1.5 years. pH 7.4, GH 180, KH 150 and temp 70-73F. No heater.

All can do it, though norman's lampeye likes a little water movement. Daisy's ricefish might be the most interesting to watch in a tank like that, while white clouds would have the most colour. It is kind of cramped, but as long as the water is kept clean, it's good.

For all these fish, one male and two females in a single species tank. Then just take good care of them in a planted tank, and you'll get a larger group.

Daisy's rice fish are quite colourful - pale blue males with red pectoral fins and red on the tail and yellow females also with bits of red. I thought mine were a bit drab until I had cataract surgery, then I could see what colours they actually were.
They also have an interesting way of breeding. The female carries a group of fertilised eggs under her vent until she swims through some decor to pull them off.

Most reactions

Back