Questions on pH and Ammonia levels in my tank

You don't.

Go buy an air operated box filter and use an air pump to run it, or buy an external power filter like an AquaClear 50 HOB (hang on back).

I have some good news.
I have done three water changes with filtered water from my LFS. I've been testing the water every day and I can happily say that I am finally seeing progress.
pH - 7.2
Ammo - .50 ( still needs work but definitely better than 8.0ppm)
Nitrites - 0

My water is also super clean and crisp now too. I bought some Zeolite someone recommended and that seems to be filtering the water really nicely. Thank you so much for all the help and information that everyone has provided. I think I am finally in the right track and it feels great.

Are you using the zeolite in the filter in the tank? If you are you need to remove it as it will remove the ammonia and stop the bacteria growing. The zeolite should be used to prepare the new water outside the tank.

Are you using the zeolite in the filter in the tank? If you are you need to remove it as it will remove the ammonia and stop the bacteria growing. The zeolite should be used to prepare the new water outside the tank.
It was being used in the filter before I added the filtered water from the store to try to maintain the ammonia. I did remove it today.

It was being used in the filter before I added the filtered water from the store to try to maintain the ammonia. I did remove it today.
I was running out of options to reduce the ammonia in my tank until someone told me about getting RO/DI water from my LFS

Most reactions

Back