Queen Arabesque

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

madmoroccan

Reaction score
I bought a queen arabesque pleco yesterday from maidenhead aquatics...

Lovely looking plec. But it was an impulse buy... and hence, no research was done. Can someone please shed light on what they feed theirs, and what tank conditions they are kept in.

Lastly can everyone who owns one discolose how much they paid for theirs?

Thanks in adv.

Bader

Luckily they are some of the smallest plecs you can get, growing between 3-4inches long, but because there are thousands of dark spotty plecs, i would definatly try to make sure you have actually got a queen arabesque plec on your hands just to make sure its not going to grow into a monster or anything.
Here is an info page on keeping queen arabesque plecs plus loads of pics of them :) ;

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loric...ancis/229_F.PHP

My local LFS (Manchester UK) sell them for £25 at about 3-4 inches

I bought a queen arabesque pleco yesterday from maidenhead aquatics...

Lovely looking plec. But it was an impulse buy... and hence, no research was done. Can someone please shed light on what they feed theirs, and what tank conditions they are kept in.

Lastly can everyone who owns one discolose how much they paid for theirs?

Thanks in adv.

Bader

I have 5 of these myself. I originally bought 6 for £90 but i lost one.

You need to feed them a fairly meaty diet, mine eat Hikari carnivore pellets and mussel and the odd bit of prawn. I have my 5 in a 15Gallon tank, water is average, i havent bothered to adjust it particularly.
I plan to move them into a larger tank and get them breeding at some point.

Oh, just to mention, you won't see it alot at all, they are largly active at night, and during the day they just hide under a bit of rock or wood.

Ben

Thanks for the replies...

I am 100% sure mine IS a queen arabesque...

I now know why he hasn't been eating... He is carnivorous... LOL (Why give Hannibal Lecter a salad EH?) :D

I tried cucumber... Guess I know why he won't touch it!

Thanks peeps...

Bader

Most reactions

Back