Pygmy Cory's In A 29 Gallon

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is a regular 29 gallon tank to tall for pygmy cory's, I am thinking about putting a dozen or so in one this weekend.

Is a regular 29 gallon tank to tall for pygmy cory's, I am thinking about putting a dozen or so in one this weekend.
They will be fine in a tank that tall. I have mine in a 29.
Thanks, I have a spotted raphael in the tank also, should I move it into my 55 gallon tank. I'm afraid he might decide to have lunch with one of these little guys.

They will be fine in a tank that tall. I have mine in a 29.
Thanks, I have a spotted raphael in the tank also, should I move it into my 55 gallon tank. I'm afraid he might decide to have lunch with one of these little guys.
Sorry, can't help you on that one.

Hi kingmed :)

A 29 gallon tank will be fine to house a school of C. pygmaeus or other dwarf cory. It's safety and well being beyond that is up to you.

Yesterday I brought home 14 pygmy cory's (they have a stripe down there side) that are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length and very cool looking, didn't think they were so small. Also brought home 4 small True Siamese Algae Eaters that cost me 3.99 each they are about and 1 1/4 inches in length with a black stripe down the side from the tip of the nose to the very end of the middle of the tail, they also had CAE's and flying foxes. I was able to also pick up a female cherry shrimp full of eggs for 3.99, they are at present time all in a 29 gallon tank until I get my other 55 gallon set up. The SAE's and pygmy's are very neat, they are schooling together at present time, honestly except for the size they are almost identical in looks. I will probably head back to the pet store in a month or so and grab another dozen or so of the pygmy cory's and get a large group going.
I also want to save my money for a few months and get a group of dwarf chain loaches, they have them for 9.99 each and I thought 6-8 of them in the tank with the cory's would be a cool setup.

Most reactions

Back