Problem Dog

try a water pistol, i don't mean those high powered one just a little cheap one and shoot him everytime he does something you don't want him to do, this always worked for my staffie

Hmmm he does hate his paw being sprayed with water! Only prob is keeping one near the bed lol and being able to grab it quick enough and not get the bed wet!

Learnt at the wkend that the dog doesnt like the hairdryer he's now scared to look at it! That could work!

Thanks for your replies! I really appreciate it!

Wonder if its true wht ppl say dogs look like there owners?.
oops sorry wrong place.

Ha ha funny Karen! But in that case if my dog looks like me then thats great as I get loads of people saying how cute he is and how they would love to take him home! :p

it could be that you just have a mouthy puppy. my aunt's retriever mix was very mouthy, well into 2 yrs-old! fortunately he outgrew most of that and isn't destructive/bitey to anything other than chew toys. just keep trying to not be "fun" when he bites at you and encourage him to play with dog toys (not old shoes).

one thing that a lot of dogs benefit from is keeping an open-topped basket with a variety of toys. many dogs quickly realize that these are their toys and will preferentially chew on them. keeping an open-topped basket also allows the dog to pick and choose his favorites when he wants to play. a good mix of items might include hard chewbones, squeaky toys, balls, and at least one toy suitable for tug-o-war. :nod: you want to provide a couple of toys good for a private chew, some good for making noise, some good for chasing and some good for playing with Master.

don't worry too much about him making a mess; it shouldn't take too long for the fun of all his new toys to wear off and him to pick out the 2-3 toys he wants to play with all the time. :rolleyes: (some finicky breeds have been known to even put whatever toy they have been playing with back in the basket before picking out a new one :lol:)

Well he has plenty of toys that he's kindly scattered around the house lol he does go pick them up to play with if you can get his attention off attacking you (well sometimes he does)! Hmmm wish mine would put away all of his toys/bones and whatever else he's chosen! Fortunately he doesnt like my shoes just socks and underwear! Unfortunately though on a morning my arm seems to be his fav thing to grab could just leave him downstairs but that would be just way too mean (I'm a big softie with him)

Karen I know you put it in the wrong place I just couldnt resist responding!

Well I found one way to stop him chewing last night! I just mentioned the word muzzle and he stoped for a few mins then when he tried it again I repeated it! He doesnt like being muzzled we tried that at the beginning when he started biting but I lost the muzzle somewhere! Wonder how long it will last! I tried some noise distraction like was shown on a programme called Dog Borstal they had stones in a bottle and everytime the dog was doing something they didnt like they would shake it hard and the dog would stop! Needless to say it didnt work for me

Most reactions

Back