Preparing for a holiday

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As long as I don't mix them up in a rush and end up eating bloodworms by accident :sick:
Meh...protein is protein.........

🤮

I do not feed frozen when I am away. I have some excellent quality foods like flake and mostly sinking stuff that are fed when I am away. I have 20 tanks so containers are more work than I need. If the fish are to fed multiple times, I usually use different foods in each foil pack for many tanks. Foils is fast and easy and disposable rather than needing to be cleaned now and then.

It doesn't matter which packet is fed. But normally i will be making packets which, in total, contain about 5 or 6 different foods.

Normally, I feed the dry foods plus frozen fooods and Repashy gel mixes. I rotate these. having many tanks and different fish means I buy a fair amount of food. Frozen buys are usually 12-15 pounds and other foods in bulk are usually Between $150 and $250 as well. I freeze dry foods and from there fill smaller containers from which I feed room temp. not frozen. When I kept a number of broistlenose plecos aI also fed fresh veggies.

When I feed frozen I spend about 20 minutes to feed all the tanks. With the Repashy is is only the bottom feeders but how I do it combined with needing to feed the rest of the fishs omething else, it is almost always 30 minutes.

Most reactions

Back