Pregnant Platy' Help!

no. ive had her for about a month now. ive had the others for about 2 months.

k, um then im not sure, just sounds like shes ready to drop, if its her first she could have a small belly. my black molly had 8 babies on her first ( last sun)

well all i can do is just hope for the best. maybe she is going to drop fry. i dont think so but you never know, she is a bit smaller than the other platies.

yhh, im waiting for my molly to drop. shes small and not huge but shes begining to show signs!!

good luck
good.gif
tell me if she drops!

well i think one of my female guppies is going to kick the bucket. shes acting as if her tail is not working. like her tail is full of rocks. any ideas what it could be? i think maybe shes just old, she is quite a bit bigger than the other females and she just gave birth a week ago.

awww noo!

if shes old the birth could really have effected her. my gran had a molly give birth, when it got older it really was swimming by wobbling its whole body! i was about 10 then so i was v sad when she died a few weeks later
cry1.gif
. ive just lost 28 fry myself this week

well i originally had 2 of them. she had a twin sister. both were pregnant, the sister gave me 8 babies and miscarried the rest and died the next morning. now her sister had her babies a week ago and is now swimming like her tail is too heavy. i hope she doesnt die. but if she does at least i got some babies from her and she didnt die in the pet store in an over crowded tank. she loves when i feed her bloodworms. i bet she never got that in the pet shop!

shes doing ok. 2 of my female guppies are hanging around her. almost like theyre trying to sheer her up! lol. my older female guppy has perked up a little bc one of the male guppies is chasing her and putting on a mating display for her. lol. its quite interesting!

lol, well my prego molly is goin mad! i think shell drop late tonite (im in wales so its 11:30pm ere!) does ur platy look "ill"?

no, she just looks lonely. sometimes she'll move to another spot in the tank and swim back and forth but thats about it. i thought about getting a couple mollies but i thought it might crowd my tank. i have 14 fish and about 17 babies in a 20 gallon tank.

sorry. make that 12 adults. i forgot i lost 2 of my original adults bc of stress from moving from the pet shop.

i had 7 in my 20g but had to give the red eyed puffer back to store as it threatened to kill all my molies! i have 6 in there now 4 mollies nd 2 brabs. i hope to keep some fry 2

id like to get a betta to put in with them but i want to do a bir of research before i do. cant have him nipping their gorgeous tails. and vise versa!

Most reactions

Back