pregnant guppy

ryan.king

Reaction score
Hi

Please can you help me.

My female guppy is skimming the surface of the water all the time. Does that mean that she is going to start giving birth soon ?

Thx
Ryan

I dont know about that. My pregant guppies usually chill around the bottom of the tank looking for a spot to give birth. Some of my guppies like to play up top in the bubbles though. But its not a all the time thing. Are you sure your water levels are okay and you have enough airation?

Thanks for answering.

I think that she has another week or so to go. Her Gravid spot is not black yet, its more like a browny color.

I've noticed that some guppies love playing in the bubbles from the air stones.

Thanks

I'll keep you informed

Ryan

her stomach will start to take on a square shape and and my guppies wont eat for 12 hours and then shell give birth during the night at least with mine

i have a babyhidout at the top of my tank and all of my guppies seem to hang out there. Her gravel spot will get really black and her stomach will look like this\----/. She will probably also stay in the same spot and not move to much before she gets ready to have them. hope this helps.

What's going on. My pregnant guppy died last night some time. Whats going on ?

Sorry to here that. :byebye:

How many females and male guppys have you got?
If you have more males then females, The males could of kept bugging her.
If this happens she would not have her fry and sometimes die of stress.

:( i am sorry to hear that. :sad: :-( :byebye: . it could have been a number of things. stress, water temp, chemical levels. how long has your tank been cycled? How many males do you have?

ive got 30 guppy fry yeaterday and i left them with there parents they like it all in a bunch

Most reactions

Back