Pregnant Guppy

shygirl0787

Reaction score
Hi, I have 4 guppies in my tank (3 female and 1 male) :wub: . One of the females seems to have been pregnant since late June and has appeared like she was about to burst over 2 weeks ago. Could there be problem thats stopping her from having her babies? :(

If she feels the conditions aren't right, she could be holding in the babies. Could you give anymore details on your tank? Like other fish, water params...etc? That would be very helpful. :)

Otherwise, is it possible she had some, and you didn't notice? They can still look fat, even if they have had some...

I have a 5 gallon tank with a bio wheel filter. There are only the 4 guppies with some fake plants in the back of the tank. Hope this helps :)

Is there anyway you could put her in a bigger tank? In that small of a tank, she could feel cramped, and the male could be bugging her. Usually the smallest size for Guppies is a 10 gallon...So if you could move her, that would be good. Or take the other fish out, and just use it as a birthing tank. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back