Pregnant fish

Having baby fish was not my intention. My kids loved their uncles fish so I just got fish for them
Honestly, it rarely is anyone's intention. Some people on here breed fish but I have met plenty who go through the same thing you do.

I went through it too, having random baby fry. For future reference, livebearers give birth like crazy. They are always breeding! If you don't want that, maybe try to sex them in the future and only get females. But that is hard, pet store employees sometimes make mistakes with that kind of stuff. So if you post it on here, you usually can get an answer pretty quickly. So if you ever go get more fish, post a pic of the fish you want from your store and we can try to identify its sex for you!

For now, you are doing awesome setting up a place for your baby fry. Mollies are awesome fish so having baby mollies will be so cool. You will see their awesome colors develop as well as their long, flowy fins! I'm jealous!

I got neon lights for my fish at night and that is a cool sight. I'll post a pic tonight of it
Here is the female dino and I believe the male

Attachments

• 16104894853866385890807795808275.jpg
    16104894853866385890807795808275.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 33
A small pink 1 I got yesterday. Best I can get atm
Now that looks like a male. At least from that picture. He could be the father. Seeing your danio next to your other female danio, she definitely looks pregnant.

That danio is the male and the other two or the females!

By what I googled they pop early in the morning and she looks dry to
They do pop early in the morning, usually because it gives them more cover. You should be okay to wake up and then remove the adults into your holding tank OR try to remove the eggs into the holding tank. It won't be long is my guess, I am thinking around a week to two weeks at most until you have some baby danios!

They do pop early in the morning, usually because it gives them more cover. You should be okay to wake up and then remove the adults into your holding tank OR try to remove the eggs into the holding tank. It won't be long is my guess, I am thinking around a week to two weeks at most until you have some baby danios!
Ok I'll leave em as they r

Most reactions

Back