Pregnant fish

You can use yarn or some soft thread to make a reaaallly good fry home, just tie a knot at the end and get rid of seperare strings and stuff

also reccomend live plants they willl grow on their own and so yiu have more space for more fry! In my experience my fish never
eat fry
He has mollies and they are known to eat their fry (mine did and it was awful). But not every molly does it. It is only because they mistake them for food.

But yes, this person is correct! Plants will be of great help because it will provide a lot of oxygen and hiding spots.

Your 20g set up is perfect! I put some moss balls in there as well but those floats are exactly what you want. Your fish will be very happy in there. Are they alone in the 20g?

If so, you might get to see them even swim around! I separated mine the first time I got to see them develop their colors and their fins. It was awesome.

All I would add is more plants, I like moss balls for this purpose.

If they are with other fish in the 20g, they will likely stay up there but it will still be exactly what they need to feel safe and grow.

For feeding, I fed my fry fish crushed up brine shrimp. They ate that a lot but I often put too much in there. They don't eat a lot of food at once but they do eat a lot of it when its fresh. After you feed, if you see any food left on top, remove it because it can cause bad water conditions for your little fry!

He has mollies and they are known to eat their fry (mine did and it was awful). But not every molly does it. It is only because they mistake them for food.

But yes, this person is correct! Plants will be of great help because it will provide a lot of oxygen and hiding spots.

Your 20g set up is perfect! I put some moss balls in there as well but those floats are exactly what you want. Your fish will be very happy in there. Are they alone in the 20g?

If so, you might get to see them even swim around! I separated mine the first time I got to see them develop their colors and their fins. It was awesome.

If they are with other fish in the 20g, they will likely stay up there but it will still be exactly what they need to feel safe and grow.

For feeding, I fed my fry fish crushed up brine shrimp. They ate that a lot but I often put too much in there. They don't eat a lot of food at once but they do eat a lot of it when its fresh. After you feed, if you see any food left on top, remove it because it can cause bad water conditions for your little fry!
oh, i actually made a mistake its a 15gal but i upgraded to a 75gal and got 2 new swordtails, they dont eat the fry either but theyre massive. do you get liike dried brine shrimp? they are not alone and i let them be free and "natural", even when a bad thing happened and all the plants lost their leaves, the adulds had respect for the childrn lol

oh, i actually made a mistake its a 15gal but i upgraded to a 75gal and got 2 new swordtails, they dont eat the fry either but theyre massive. do you get liike dried brine shrimp? they are not alone and i let them be free and "natural", even when a bad thing happened and all the plants lost their leaves, the adulds had respect for the childrn lol
Yes, freeze-dried brine shrimp. Usually, livebearers only eat their young because they are so small they are mistaken for food. It won't happen all the time but it is advised to remove the young or give them plenty of space to hide.

Generally speaking, the young will probably not emerge until they are ready. So you trust them and their instincts. Once the baby fry have their colors and their fins have developed, they are likely old enough to swim with the adults.

Yes, freeze-dried brine shrimp. Usually, livebearers only eat their young because they are so small they are mistaken for food. It won't happen all the time but it is advised to remove the young or give them plenty of space to hide.

Generally speaking, the young will probably not emerge until they are ready. So you trust them and their instincts. Once the baby fry have their colors and their fins have developed, they are likely old enough to swim with the adults.
i guess the babies just do their thing at the bottom and along the floaters, adults just dont bother them.

I got this atm in a 20 gal I set up for this purpose

I just have a pleco in my 20 gal to help keep the tank clean so I can use it for baby fry. I'll get some plants and floater for it. I had to use my 20 gal to separate a bully female gold dust molly.

I just have a pleco in my 20 gal to help keep the tank clean so I can use it for baby fry. I'll get some plants and floater for it. I had to use my 20 gal to separate a bully female gold dust molly.
Oh I see! So they are just with the pleco? Or the pleco and your bully gold dust molly?

Either way, the toys you put in there are perfect. I would just add moss balls and plants. Keep the tank clean, the pleco will help with that and feed often but clean out uneaten food because they are very picky!

Oh I see! So they are just with the pleco? Or the pleco and your bully gold dust molly?

Either way, the toys you put in there are perfect. I would just add moss balls and plants. Keep the tank clean, the pleco will help with that and feed often but clean out uneaten food because they are very picky!
Yeah just the bully female and pleco r in the 20g

I was planning to use my 20g for my breeding tank
Okay, so with those toys, your fry should be fine. Just go out and get some more large plants and some moss balls!

Try to isolate gold dust molly for a few hours to a day at most and then reintroduce her to your main tank. It should help! I am glad you are using my advice form earlier! Just refer to those replies or ask again if you need anymore help with this aggressive female molly. I just had to isolate three of my mollies to sex them. Now their attitudes have changed a lot!

Okay, so with those toys, your fry should be fine. Just go out and get some more large plants and some moss balls!

Try to isolate gold dust molly for a few hours to a day at most and then reintroduce her to your main tank. It should help! I am glad you are using my advice form earlier! Just refer to those replies or ask again if you need anymore help with this aggressive female molly. I just had to isolate three of my mollies to sex them. Now their attitudes have changed a lot!
I'll reintroduce the moll tomorrow. But I have a dino that looks pregnant am I right? Could get a better pic moving to fast

Attachments

• 1610479344374209198263746672355.jpg
    1610479344374209198263746672355.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 47
I'll reintroduce the moll tomorrow. But I have a dino that looks pregnant am I right? Could get a better pic moving to fast
Danios are egg layers! But, in my opinion, she does look pregnant. Gosh you really are full of baby fry!

But keep in mind my female platy has always been pretty round. The key to finding out if they are pregnant is if they have circular shapes in their tummy. Those will continue to get bigger as well. If the males follow her around a lot more as well, that could be a sign she is pregnant!

Danios will eat their eggs so it is advised you separate the parents from their eggs.

Once the eggs drop, remove the parents. The babies will hatch, on average, in less than 48 hours but it can also go up to 7 days!

Danios are egg layers! But, in my opinion, she does look pregnant. Gosh you really are full of baby fry!

But keep in mind my female platy has always been pretty round. The key to finding out if they are pregnant is if they have circular shapes in their tummy. Those will continue to get bigger as well. If the males follow her around a lot more as well, that could be a sign she is pregnant!

Danios will eat their eggs so it is advised you separate the parents from their eggs.

Once the eggs drop, remove the parents. The babies will hatch, on average, in less than 48 hours but it can also go up to 7 days!
Having baby fish was not my intention. My kids loved their uncles fish so I just got fish for them

Most reactions

Back