Pregnant Dalmation Molly

what are signs that its going to be soon. have looked at other post's but still unsure about it.

temp is at 28oC

ammonia >0.02ppm
nitrate 5.0ppm
nitrite 0.00ppm
ph 7.8

i have salt in there as well was told mollies like a bit of salt
are these ok.
its like shes holding fire shes been big for weeks.

let her out the net now dont want her to get stressed, will put her back in when she starts.

thanks for all your help will post pictures when its all over.

just lokking think there might be another thats pregnant as well.

if i need help i will post on here.

thank your very much. rick

She looks pretty close and is squaring off nicely,

Good luck with your impeding fry :)

thank you harlequins for jumping in i was waiting for some one else to comment ,i hope my advice for salts155 was good

If the only fish in the tank are mollies, they will be fine with a bit of sea salt, not "aquarium salt". Sea salt tends to raise the pH of the water which is what mollies really should have and it also raises the mineral content nicely. The idea that mollies like salt comes from people with very soft water who have better luck with them after adding sea salt. I have fairly hard water, I once thought very hard but other people have given me readings much harder than mine. It also has a natural tap water pH of 7.8, which seems to work well with mollies. My mollies have no salt added to their water and absolutely thrive and prosper in my tap water. If you have general community tank fish with your mollies, it is probably safer to avoid the salt as long as you have a decent amount of mineral content in your water.

thanks old man, wasnt told that when my lfs told me to add salt.

I have come down from a few hours sleep and the female was being chased by all the male and mateing with her and now all the females. This good or bad.

Also i have red platy in there 4

Thanks all

I have come down from a few hours sleep and the female was being chased by all the male and mateing with her and now all the females. This good or bad.

Thanks all

Thanks all

You'll just have to be patient... :good:

When livebearers are getting close to dropping they either hide away behind plants,or up by the heater or filter...

My blue platy was the only one i knew for definate would drop when she use to go up & down the side of the tank,males will also follow them around continously waiting to eat the fry has they drop and be the first to mate with the female once she's done.

:X Gosh damnit!so thats why all my guppies followed my molly!!! man i missed her drop and i could have put her in a breedong trap on time :(

i put here in over night asi cant keep an eye on her. i come down to check on her every time i get a chance, she has been out the net during the day and when shes out she swims behing all the plants etc up by the filter and heater but still get nothing from.

want to get get a 10L tank but dont have enough time to cycle it, is there any way i can link the filter on the main tank in this case so she has her own room and not a pissy breading net (dont like putting her in there dont want to stress her and at the same time want the fry to be safe).

many thanks

rick

she droped at 15:25 today she eat most of them :( still have 17 had to use a few kitchen objects to keep the mother from eating them.

im a bad fish keeper really.

anyway for those that kindly help me through all the problems and coming up with some ideas today your help is much appreciated by the fry, me and my family.

here are some pictures.

thank you all on tff for your help.

ricky

fry-12-01-10.gif

fry-12-01-10-2.gif

Most reactions

Back