Pregnant Dalmation Molly

salts155

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all and happy new year.

i have a dalmation molly that is pregnant and need to know a bit more about it.

i have put her in a berthing net although im not sure when she is going to give birth will this harm her.

i have picture but can-not up load due to size can you hlep on this so you can all see and help.

Regards,

Ricky

ok do not put the molly in the net untill you are 100% sure she is going to drop soon a picture of her will have us be able to tell you when she will drop the fry,the reason you can't just "store her in the net it because the stress will ether cause her to abort the fry or she will die killing her and the fry.

i may also ask what type of fish are in the tank what i do is,i keep my molly in a 10gallon then when she drops the fry i catch all that i can and i put them in the breeding net in till they are old enough i am going to give you this link

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/253113-how-do-you-know-if-your-livebearers-ready-to-drop-fry/

this is a platy look threw these pics if your molly is this size at the end of the post the big on then she is close another very very very help full thing for you and i suggjest you read this is this link

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/285369-molly-full-cycle/

this is the best link for you to look at it was made by oldman47 it is truly great

here she is hopefully

Attachments

• 09012010050.gif
    09012010050.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 109
another picture.

she has started swimming up and down in one corner very quickly

Attachments

• new-fish.gif
    new-fish.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 114
is there really any need to put her in a net. the tank is 165l with gravel bottom 4live plants 2 hollow plastic tree trunk sort of things.
4 small red platy in with 5 medium dalmation mollies 3 female 2 male.

please advise

rick

Ok well what i do is let my molly drop in the main tank and then catch the fry and put them in the net those fish will eat the fry but there are lots of hood hiding spots but really it comes down to if the other fish are hungery

Most reactions

Back