Possible Nano Owner

Danh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I need your help although it’s not to urgent it’s just a thought I had. Looking around some LFS's today and it suddenly hit me that I could start a small nano reef. So likes you do I looked at the small tanks and came across this tank:

http://www.maidenheadaquatics.co.uk/eshop/...roducts_id=2038

Then I was wondering could a reef be done in this tank, I know it’s probably too small to have fish in so I was thinking maybe a few shrimp.
If I was going to use this tank to start a reef how much LR would I need?
Are the lights bright enough or will I need to rip them out and find something else?

And last but not least if this tank isn’t suitable could you please suggest another tank that is suitable and will allow for some LR to be brought from £100. I already have a spare heater.

Thanks Dan.

ok i have the aqua one aqua start 500 and got it for a brilliant deaal at maidenhead for only £80 its the model up. However the reason i got it so cheap was coz the woman forgotto charge me for the stand...... honest though youll be wanting at least one fish to give the tank a bit of interest. And remember multiple shrimps need more room :good:

Hi rhysiboy,

How many gallons (imp) is the aqua one 500?
I've just found this on ebay and know that one of my LFS's has them instock:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aqua-qube-Nano-Aquar...1QQcmdZViewItem - could this possibly be a better tank for a similar price, my only concern with this tank is that it doesnt have a powerhead like the aqua one 320. But it does have better lighting than the 320. Any ideas?

Im thinking i need to save up a bit more cash before chucking it into a reef, but i would still like to know what to do for later on.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The lights in either are not really adequate, you would need to get an over tank T5 luminaire depending on what you wanted to keep. We looked at the Aqua Ones but seeing as none of them have adequate filtration or Lighting they aren't really that cost effective. We bought the JBJ 24G Nano cube instead, the lighting is 2 x 36 w T5.

dont condem the aqua ones yet as they are pretty decent. mayb be a tiny bit pricy but they have a really nice look. Also the aquaone 500 is 60 lts so thats about ... 14 gallons give or take. Also with the lighting you should really upgrade to a 2ft luminaire with about 2-4 t5 tubes or 2 high watt PC lamps. The spectrum should be 50 / 50 (half 14k (blueish light and half 7k - 10k- very white)

Most reactions

Back