Pop Eye In Mollies

ryan422

Reaction score
Does anybody know the treatment for pop eye in mollies and how its is caused?

Thanks

Start treatment straight away, and increase aeration as the med will reduce 02 in the water, and don't forget to remove black carbon if you use it. What other fish do you have, any scaless fish in the tank as you could add some salt if not, good luck.

Just livebearers (mollies,platys and guppies ect)

Thankyou
Ryan

Ok, you can add salt, one tablespoon to 5 gallons of water, add it over time though not all at once, good luck.

Ok, you can add salt, one tablespoon to 5 gallons of water, add it over time though not all at once, good luck.

For marine salt? Or maybe you mean aquarium salt...

Mollies need to be kept in salt anyway, because of their tendency for these things. I guess you could add aquarium salt (what Wilder is referring to?) for this, but their problems would most likely go away if you gave them slightly brackish water. Check out the pinned topic in Livebearers.

Yes it one tablespoon to every five gals, so if you have a 10gal tank it would be two tablespoons.

Yes aquarium salt sorry, never used marine salt isn't that just for marine tanks.

Nope, you can use it to make your Mollies' water slightly brackish, which is what they thrive in. :)

I see, never heard of that.

I used table salt as I have used this before for other problems LoL,

Thankyou
Ryan

So that means it's right?

If you don't start adding marine salt, you will most likely encounter these problems frequently in the future. Or experience some Molly deaths.

Most reactions

Back