Poop

jcabs100

Fishaholic
Reaction score
do corys poop alot or is it just my pleco as i alwasy see a crap load literally of fish poop all over my sand im happy with the sand just not so happy with all the poop i see

Hi jcabs100 :)

It's the pleco, not the corys fault. Corys produce small black turds that you might see floating on the top of the water. They soon disintegrate and get filtered out. It looks like this:

Coryturd.jpg

Definitely the pleco. I was sucking up pleco poo every single day and still didn't get it all, ever. I finally rehomed the big guy and I was astounded that the poo problem literally disappeared with the pleco! And I have 24 cory in that tank.
w00t.gif

oh okay then i shall be rehoming my pleco as there is way to much poo in my tank...one more question i was looking at one of my emerald cory and he was just flapping his left fin very rapidly when he was just in one spot on the sand wasnt breathing hard but flapping hes fin very fast should i be worried im looking at him now and still doing it

Definitely the pleco. I was sucking up pleco poo every single day and still didn't get it all, ever. I finally rehomed the big guy and I was astounded that the poo problem literally disappeared with the pleco! And I have 24 cory in that tank.
w00t.gif

btw good luck with your cory fry hopefully it delphax as i hae 3 in my tank all 3 full grown i think there all male =(

Plecos are pooping machines. The poo is definitely the pleco. In my tank i see the pleco pooping 24/7 (maybe not.. lol)

Most reactions

Back