Goldfish Clear long poop concerning?

Shruti

Reaction score
Hello, so I've read a lot of articles and seen a lot of videos regarding this but still not satisfied with the answers. My goldfish don't seem to have any other symptoms. They are as cute and friendly as ever. It's just a bit concerning as I'm feeding them regularly, the same brand of food plus some peas off and on. Their poop is clear (does not look like parasites) and sometimes stringy. Sometimes it looks like there are bubbles in it? I'm very confused. Please suggest? I'm currently doing the garlic juice in food treatment. Don't know if that is helping.

Hello. Goldfish are bottom feeders, so anything that falls to the bottom of the tank is edible for them. These fish are heavy waste producers and need lots of large water changes. I remove and replace half the water twice a week in my 300 gallon Goldfish tank.

Okay.. Yes I have a 600L tank some black skirt tetras and 4 gold fish. I do good maintenance no problem in that area... Just confused about the pooop lol

Hello again. No worries. Just be a good water changer and don't feed the fish too much. I feed a little bit of a variety three times a week. By doing this, the fish will be more active. They'll move around the tank more, looking for a bit of food the other fish missed. The water will stay clean much longer too.

Intestinal worms. Garlic won't do anything to help.

Section 3 of the following link tells you about treating fish with intestinal worms.

Goldfish need lots of plant matter in their diet and at least half the food they get should be plant based.

I think Colin T has it right. I'd consider deworming them.

Hello again. No worries. Just be a good water changer and don't feed the fish too much. I feed a little bit of a variety three times a week. By doing this, the fish will be more active. They'll move around the tank more, looking for a bit of food the other fish missed. The water will stay clean much longer too.

I still want to understand the reason for clear fish poop or bubbly poop. They are very active and chirpy as usual so that is not a problem. If they were sitting at the bottom of the tank of inactive, I would have looked at it differently. Also, I've had these goldfish for about 4-5 years now.

Hello again. Clear poop can can be the result of your fish not getting all the nutrients it needs. This is why I feed my Goldfish a variety of foods, so I make sure they get all the nutrients they need. The variety can come from different kinds of freeze dried, flaked food and some kind of nutritional pellet.

I still want to understand the reason for clear fish poop or bubbly poop. They are very active and chirpy as usual so that is not a problem. If they were sitting at the bottom of the tank of inactive, I would have looked at it differently. Also, I've had these goldfish for about 4-5 years now.

Most reactions

Back