Plecs In Tang Tank

Morri

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Would a plec do ok in my Tang tank? If so are there any specfic varities I need to look for?

The wife has seen a snowball one and wants to add one

Many Thanks

I bought my L128 off a guy who had kept them with africans and although it had lived in the water for a good while it was marked up from squabbles

I have a couple of BN plecs and a gold albino in my tanks, they are very hardy :good:
Elisew has a few plecs in her african tanks and doresy has a nice violet red bruno , think L137, BN's are fairly adaptable to warter parameters , hope this helps :good:

I have 3 bn plecs in my Tang tank, they're all fine and seem to cope really well in the higher ph. :good:

Not sure but I think the snowball plecs are too sensitive to a higher ph :unsure:

Hmmm those phantoms are nice but a bit pricey ;) Is the BristleNose the LDA16 ?

I don`t think the bristlenose plecs have an 'L' number and I think the LDA16 are the longfin plecos :unsure:

A good place to have a look at some really good profiles is http://plecoplanet.com/

;)

Spotted these on Fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LDA16-bristlenose-pair-/270724612921?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3f0871c339

thats why I thought they where lda16 ;)

Hmm, that`s expensive for bristlenose imo. You really don`t need to be looking at buying a 'pair' unless you intend to try and breed them, then you get into a completely different scenario trying to get requirements and conditions right :/

Up to you but I think you could find cheaper elsewhere ;)

Nitrites still high so no fishes for moi yet just looking :)

I might just wait for the plecs as the vents and Cyps are gunna hit my pocket hard ;)

+ I am on the look out for a few more marine fish

Nitrites still high so no fishes for moi yet just looking :)

I might just wait for the plecs as the vents and Cyps are gunna hit my pocket hard ;)

+ I am on the look out for a few more marine fish

Ahh marine, very nice but an expensive choice :X :lol:

The ventralis and cyps may hit the pocket hard but they`ll be worth it, I`m sure you`ll be able to get some bn plecs cheap enough when the time is right ;)

Most reactions

Back