Plecos?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishyyyy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a 120l aquarium currently stocked with male guppies, peppered corys and cherry barbs. I have hard water at around 300ppm and was looking at the possibility of getting plecos. Maybe clown plecos or gold spot dwarf plecos as I know these stay small. Would one of these be okay ? And if so do the need to stay in groups.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions ?

Thank you

Last edited:
I currently have a 120l aquarium currently stocked with male guppies, peppered corys and cherry barbs. I have hard water at around 300ppm and was looking at the possibility of getting plecos. Maybe clown plecos or gold spot dwarf plecos as I know these stay small. Would one of these be okay ? And if so do the need to stay in groups.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions ?

Thank you
Apx how many of each fish are there?

guppies, peppered corys and cherry barbs. I have hard water at around 300ppm
the guppies should be ok in the hard water but im afraid to say that those other 2 species are soft water... Unless they were born and bred where you are from

the guppies should be ok in the hard water but im afraid to say that those other 2 species are soft water... Unless they were born and bred where you are from
The cories I was unaware about when I brought them but I did research on the cherry barbs and seriously fishy which i see is recommend on here a lot says cherry barbs can live in water between 36-357ppm

Oh ok, that seems ok then... ig its just the cories that'll get used to it... Mistakes happen to the best of us.
The cories I was unaware about when I brought them but I did research on the cherry barbs and seriously fishy which i see is recommend on here a lot says cherry barbs can live in water between 36-357ppm

3 cories, 3 guppies and 5 cherry barbs
Ok, I personally wouldnt recommend a pleco... Instead, get more cories because they like to be in groups of at LEAST more than 4. A good amount though is 6

Most reactions

Back