Pleco Suggestions

jordan barnhart

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have got my 75g aquarium. I want a small pleco for it. Preferably not a bristlenose. This is a fully planted tank, lots of dense plants, high light, eco-complete substrate. I want a plecostomus that won't damage my plants, is peaceful, looks good, and doesn't get big. His tank mates would be otos, large school cardinals, and angels with a shoal of cories.

Any suggestions?

Clown pleco, rubbernose pleco (I think doesn't get big), golden nugget and bulldog pleco.

I just lost my pleco, and am contemplating the L018 (golden nugget). They look pretty sharp and don't grow very big.

-but i'm not sure yet either

L134 would be a good plec to go with.

leopard frog plecs are really nicely coloured (yellow and black) and only get to about 4".

here is Buffy (our 134)

buffy1.jpg

There are loads of options for a 75G, there are loads of plecos that dont grow over 6". I would go with either something like a trio of clown plecs, maybe an interesting type of bristlenose or any of the other plecs previously mentioned. The world is your oyester when it comes to pleco. There are certain varieties that will clean all your plants and there are others that will sit around all day, so make sure you make the pleco purchase worth while :)

Ben

I Would Suggest a Candy Striped Pleco, they grow to 4 inches and are quite the cuties!

smithrc said:

leopard frog plecs are really nicely coloured (yellow and black) and only get to about 4".

here is Buffy (our 134)

buffy1.jpg
Buffy is just plain adorable. I must ask Santa for an L134!! :nod:

cory said:
smithrc said:

here is Buffy (our 134)

buffy1.jpg
Buffy is just plain adorable. I must ask Santa for an L134!! :nod:
If you want a better pic, have a look at tank 3 on my web site.
and cheese has one too :)

Most reactions

Back