Pleco Cleaning Power!

sXeLifer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm stunned at how well this guy cleans only just got him yesterday, he's a clown peckoltia so allegedly he doesn't deal with algae or anything that well but I've had a piece of bog wood that had roughly 3 years worth of muck on it and its halfway cleaned already! Shame theres so much poop as a result though :-(

I'm stunned at how well this guy cleans only just got him yesterday, he's a clown peckoltia so allegedly he doesn't deal with algae or anything that well but I've had a piece of bog wood that had roughly 3 years worth of muck on it and its halfway cleaned already! Shame theres so much poop as a result though :-(

if the tank had brown diatoms over it (quite common for new tanks) then some plecs seem to love this. Mine had plenty when I introduced a bristlenose, within 3 days it was all gone.....but the BN had an almost constant extra tail :lol:

The pros and cons of plecos!! :lol: Its important to remember that they are not just hoovers and that they do need a varied diet. Lots of people think they dont need to feed them!

The pros and cons of plecos!! :lol: Its important to remember that they are not just hoovers and that they do need a varied diet. Lots of people think they dont need to feed them!

Don't worry I've kept plecos before it's just that he's ssoooo small but he eats up sooo much stuff it's mad :D

Don't worry I've kept plecos before it's just that he's ssoooo small but he eats up sooo much stuff it's mad :D
mine is like that 1 inch big but cleaned a piece of wood over night

Most reactions

Back