Plec!

How big is your tank? It must be big to house all youre wonderfull plec!
Plec are sometimes very boring to other people but i just get such a cick out of them, there great!

It's 180g, 6 x 2 x 2ft :)

I've got the two commons (un-named dark one, and Wide Boy the albino), the rusty and Wilf the albino BN in that one. The two commons will hopefully get to @18", Rusty will make 10" at a push, and Wilf's already fully grown at about 4-5", he might grow another inch but I doubt it now. Mr Spoon, the common BN is in my hubby's 6ft/135g community tank along with two whiptails (and all the other non-plec fish). Jim the royal plec is still in the LFS waiting for my hubby to go pick him up on Saturday! He'll be going in my tank with the commons/rusty/albino BN.

great plecs lisalq,
here's my rusty. he's in with an albino comman plec which has no name (or photo) as i only got him on saturday and haven't seen too much of him!! hopefully he will brave up a bit! also there are two baby bristle nose in with them,
nath1

Attachments

• PHTO0173.JPG
    PHTO0173.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 47
wow great pictures,
Is there any reason why plcs wont eat fresh veg - Dougal will ONLY eat defrosted brocolli....! wont touch lettuce, courgette, cucumber etc - any menus available to extend his diet? (likes algae flakes!)

Heres some of mine and some that died (when my big tank came down with some nasty fungus).

The ones I still have.

Nugget
Picture182.jpg

He got scurred :lol:
Picture180.jpg

Mango
Picture181.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Red Fin Dwarf and an Otto
Picture186.jpg

Bristles

dsc01795qm9.jpg

dsc01796hb7.jpg

RIP :(

Leopard Red Fin Cactus
DSC01193.jpg

Vampire
DSC01237.jpg

Pekolita sp.
DSC01238.jpg

Thats one hell of a collection of plecs. Do the ones that are in one tank together get on ok? How terratorial are they together?

OMG! They are so cute ~T~!
Have your BN bred as there are loads of babies about?

And Fremlin they are also beautifull!!!

Here is my Sailfin plec & knife fish at feeding time.
pleco_and_knife_fish.JPG

Picture quality not that good :(

A few of mine.

Leopard Frog Pleco.
fishtanks020.jpg

Magnum Pleco.
fishtanks016.jpg

Green Phantom Pleco.
fishtanks017.jpg

Snowball Pleco.
fishtanks007-1.jpg

Magnum, Snowball and Bristlenose.
fishtanks004-1.jpg

Peckoltia and Bristlenose.
MattTuck20.jpg

Not fair! :-( :lol: None of my pics are clear and i have an alright camera as it takes gret pics unless the pics are of my fish. Some brilliant plec pics on here.

Gourami.JPG

OMG! They are so cute ~T~!
Have your BN bred as there are loads of babies about?

Picture quality not that good :(

I bought 2 BNs from the shop and they were both tiny!

Had them a good few weeks and they are eating so much. Love those little guys.

Really liking the pictures of the plecs. The albino BN's are fantastic. Like the babies with them too, excellent fish.

Most reactions

Back