Plec Keeps Trying To Escape

Mattsissons

Reaction score
Hi all

long story short, a good friend of mine had to move house and the landlady said he couldnt have his fish in the flat, so i stepped in and said id adopt him, and his 3ft tank too.

now, the tanks been ready for 2 weeks and every night the plec tries to knock the lid off the tank as if hes trying to escape :unsure:

hes about 7" long and is a bit of a moody so and so, spends all the daylight hours cuddled up to the filter and heater in the corner of the tank, where as my 3" Sailfin plec just gets on with his buisness of lounging around and eating algea and such like

truth be told, im not entirely sure what plec the big guy is, but im possitive that he shouldnt be trying to escape :crazy:

does anyone think that he could be missing his old keeper?

please help if you have any ideas/ info, hes a fantastic specimin and i dont want him to be suffering or getting hurt :sad:

Matt

i shall have a look in the morning, for now he seems to have settled a bit, but who knows how long for...

its just a bit concerning that hes the only fish that seems to freak out, i mean, i thought he has some sort of mental retardation originally, but my friend said he used to do it when he first acquired him, the plec is called Dio by the way, just incase i start calling him that :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back