Plec Collectors!

You could contact a BN breeder, I'm sure there would be some on here.

BN grow really fast, mine was only 1" when I got it, and it is now about 3-4" long. he grew to that size in a tank, with the following fish:

Synodontic Ocellifer
Black Shark
Large Clown Loach
Polyterus Senegalus
platydoras Costatus

So they are large fish and the talkingcatfish, the birchir and the Synodontis, all eat small fish, but it survived.
He now lives in a 15gallon tank in my room, as I swaped him for my L001, who is now in the polyterus tank, doing mighty fine.

how long did that take for it to grow?

i want to get some on saturday so i will look around for bigger one's.

i don't know of any BN breeders in gloucester but there are probably some.

EDIT- i've got some now

:good:

how long did that take for it to grow?

i want to get some on saturday so i will look around for bigger one's.

i don't know of any BN breeders in gloucester but there are probably some.

EDIT- i've got some now

got some what BNs or breeders?

Onlt had mine for a few months

i've got the BN's three of them still under an inch though.

I don't know that you could call me a collector but they are my favourite fish! I used to have one called Billy who I think was a common plec but he died due to water problems (I lost about 4 fish at the time :( ). I then had one for about 2 years called Spud who grew to around 6" (again common) and he was lovely but got killed by my parrot cichlid (evil fish). After a couple of years I then got a BN called Archimedes who is gorgeous, he's around 4cm I guess.

malcolm.jpg

Sue.. This is Malcolm's baby, Mini-Malcolm. Now measuring in at almost 20cm!

We have:

2 Queen Arabesques
2 Red whiptails
1 Baby albino BN

QA
Picture438.jpg

Red whiptail
Picture.jpg

Baby BN
Picture414.jpg

Do ottos count? Have 5 adults and 3 juveniles in community tank, as well as a number of babies in fry tank.

that whiptail is beautiful... do they do well in a community?

Thanks, we have two and they are so cute. They get on with all the other fish, and even share disks with the cories at feeding time. They do get very excited when the lights go out, swimming around like crazed fish for a bit. But they are amazing and look so beautiful in our tank. :wub:

We have all the other fish I mentioned above, as well as 5 panda cories, 5 sterbai cories, 2 angels, 5 harlequins, 5 minnows, 9 cardinals and 1 molly (who we missed when we took all the fry to the LFS, she stayed behind) and they bother no one and no one bothers them.

:D

My pleco list

-Tiger Pleco, L226, LDA26 (Panaque changae)
-Bushynose pleco
-Albino Bushynose pleco
-King Tiger Pleco
-Golden Nugget pleco
-Bulldog Pleco

i notice rusty plecs being mentioned here and wonder if anyone knows how large they grow as i own one (kindly swapped by ginge) and know very little about them. any info would be helpful!!!!
nath1
p.s. if your reading this ginge, the rusty is doing well but i lost the bn. cat (he got stuck in some rock?????) :sad:

L077, Rusty a.k.a. Bruno plecs get to a foot long potentially, we had one that was just under a foot at work last year. Most however won't exceed 9-10".

They are a panaque so wood is key in their diet to get them to grow to their potential size.

Ben

Most reactions

Back