Do you wash your hands after touching your tank water

• No never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes if i can be bothered

• Yes always

• Total voters
I agree with Drew...Ever heard someone say "I keep water not fish." Im feeling parched I think ill have a glass of tank water over that nasty tap water. :good:

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Drew

Edit- I do wear gloves when dealing with my reef tank but thats more to just avoid allergies.

What about brain injury?

I do wash my after sticking them in the tank, but usually if I'm just eating, food prep or something that requires clean.
What about Brain Injury??

Your taking my comment out of context, it is just a thing people say.

Drew

When i use to siphon water with mouth, if i got a bit of water in my mouth i would spit it out, run upsatirs brush teeth do a 1 minute 30 seconds mouth clean with listerine mouthwash :lol:

But i still do the 3 second rule if i drop food on the floor :lol:

No but drinking enough of it via starting a syphon you'll feel like your at a frat party :lol:
I've never sucked on the end of the hose to start it. Just get the vacuum part full of water, lift it out of the tank and as soon as the water starts flowing down to the bucket (or where ever your putting it), stick the vacuum back in the water and the suction will start.

No but drinking enough of it via starting a syphon you'll feel like your at a frat party :lol:
I've never sucked on the end of the hose to start it. Just get the vacuum part full of water, lift it out of the tank and as soon as the water starts flowing down to the bucket (or where ever your putting it), stick the vacuum back in the water and the suction will start.
Keep in mind im lazy....yes that extra 2 seconds is too much. I use a python anyway but for small fry tanks or drip acclimations its a quick suck on the hose and that wont change. Creature of habit I guess.

Drew

I cant be bothered, I am anti germophobic, I despise "germophobs"

I ate duckweed once too as I read they eat it in other countries, not much of a taste. Back in the day breeders would toot about how clean their water is by drinking a glass.

Never have washed them before or after, never will.

Drew

Edit- I do wear gloves when dealing with my reef tank but thats more to just avoid allergies.

well said Brother Poopsy

wow never really thought about it. :unsure:
probably still won't, i've not been doing it for 2 years and i'm fine so why start now :lol:

to be honest i can never b bother washing mine . if it was salt water i would though

:drool:
But i still do the 3 second rule if i drop food on the floor :lol:
I'm not eating at your place :lol:

Drew

What about brain injury?

I do wash my after sticking them in the tank, but usually if I'm just eating, food prep or something that requires clean.
What about Brain Injury??

Your taking my comment out of context, it is just a thing people say.

Drew

Yes, I know, still...

:crazy: This subject is grossing me out. I always wash my hand when I've had them in the tank. Maybe because I'm a really germ freak anyway.

The five-second rule is a popular polite fiction, commonly followed as a rule regarding the eating of food that has fallen to the ground. The origins of the rule are unknown. It claims that if food falls on the ground, it may be safely eaten as long as it is picked up within 5 seconds.

There are many local variations on the rule. In many areas the time limit is modified so that it is known variously as the three-seconds rule, seven-seconds rule, eight-seconds rule, ten-seconds rule, or, in rare cases, the thirty-seconds rule. In some variations, the person picking up the food arbitrarily extends the time limit based on the actual amount of time required to retrieve the food. It should also be noted that this rule generally does not extend to fluid food like yoghurt.
(From: Wiki Five_second_rule )

...and how exactly does one pick up dropped yoghurt? surely that's what Labradors are for?

Anyway, with regard to water, I never wash my hands either. I dry them on a towel, and sometimes remember later (with horror) that I had my hand in the tank when I am eating something that required hand-to-mouth contact, like crisps. eww.

However, I wash my hands like a thing possessed if I have had to remove a dead fish, even if it was a small fish and I used a net and never even came in the briefest contact with either tank water or fish. Something about dead fish totally grosses me out.

I've never even thought to wash my hands after putting them in one of the tanks. Before, yes, :nod: but after, no. :no:

I only do if I get crap on them or if my hands start getting dry due to salt... (72gallon reef)

i always have a bottle of brandy near by just in case i get a gut full of tank water lol
it's just an excuse to have a brandy

Most reactions

Back