Please suggest me a good choice out of these tanks

why

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a notification for goldish pink betta from petco. today I got an alert about the stock and then i started looking for a good 5 gallon aquarium and found these two as good match and on sale in petco.. kindly please guide me based on your experience

Aqueon Rimless Black Tank Aquarium, 5.5 Gallon ( Seems good reviews on petco)

Aqueon Frameless Cube Aquarium, 6 Gallon ( heard some average reviews and not sure)

i have Aqueon planted Aquarium Clip-On LED Light and sponge filters lying around and want to use them.

These tanks are on sale and i want to get hold of these as soon as possible.

Get the 6 Gallon, the 5.5 Gallon is actually a 2.5 which is for shrimp.
Cycle the tank first for a month.
You can’t get the beta until then, or just put it in another tank

If both volumes are about the same, I will choose a longer aquarium than a cube aquarium.

Do you have the dimensions of both tanks?

Some of the reviews of first (5.5 gallon) tank say that it doesn't come with a lid which is needed with a betta as they can jump. But rectangular is better than a cube as that has a bigger swimming length for the same volume. If you could find a lid for it, I would go with the 5.5 gallon.

As Sgooosh mentioned, whatever tank you get will need to be cycled before getting a fish. Or get a lot of live plants at the same time as the fish, especially floating plants.

Reactions: why
thank you very much for friendly replies. yes i am willing for rectangular one 5.5 only too.. as some reviews are bit bad for Cube. Every one talks about leaking . Sure i will cycle first and also add lot of plants and frog bits.

If both volumes are about the same, I will choose a longer aquarium than a cube aquarium.

Do you have the dimensions of both tanks?
Sorry they dont mentioned the dimensions..

I had a notification for goldish pink betta from petco. today I got an alert about the stock and then i started looking for a good 5 gallon aquarium and found these two as good match and on sale in petco.. kindly please guide me based on your experience

Aqueon Rimless Black Tank Aquarium, 5.5 Gallon ( Seems good reviews on petco)

Aqueon Frameless Cube Aquarium, 6 Gallon ( heard some average reviews and not sure)

i have Aqueon planted Aquarium Clip-On LED Light and sponge filters lying around and want to use them.

These tanks are on sale and i want to get hold of these as soon as possible.
I had the cube in a 14 gallon, the glass is very thin, the silicone even thinner and eventually one panel started bowing out a bit. I would go with the rectangular, there is a lot more silicone holding it together.

I had the cube in a 14 gallon, the glass is very thin, the silicone even thinner and eventually one panel started bowing out a bit. I would go with the rectangular, there is a lot more silicone holding it together.
Thank you very much, yes i am looking for some handson reply.. now i am more confident its better to avoid aqueon rimless .. and the rectangular will be my last choice.. much appreciate your reply.

thank you very much for friendly replies. yes i am willing for rectangular one 5.5 only too.. as some reviews are bit bad for Cube. Every one talks about leaking . Sure i will cycle first and also add lot of plants and frog bits.
id reccoomend that too, but the link you posted seems to be a 2.5...

id reccoomend that too, but the link you posted seems to be a 2.5...
Sorry, there is no separate link for 5.5 . same link they gave option to select the tank size.

Sorry, there is no separate link for 5.5 . same link they gave option to select the tank size.
OHHH
ok,
yeah totally get that if it is more surface area :D
forgot about that option LOL

Most reactions

Back