Please Help My Corydora Catfish Is Dieing

kadz

Reaction score
hey guys i wanted to know what can i do its in a 3 ft tropical tank with other fishes about 15+ .
my Corydoras Catfish is floating in water like it don't have no energy left it was floating on the top but i moved it and he went down .it was all right this morning please help me as time running out

thanks

Attachments

• 03092007063.jpg
    03092007063.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 20
I cant really tell, becasue it is so blurry. But i can tell you that he dosent look good at all. He looks underfeed, did you just get him?

I cant really tell, becasue it is so blurry. But i can tell you that he dosent look good at all. He looks underfeed, did you just get him?

no i had him for about a week now, i do feed them all flakes. how do i just feed him

Put in some cucumber chunks before you have to go to the store to get food. After that, I recommend blood worm chunks.

Put in some cucumber chunks before you have to go to the store to get food. After that, I recommend blood worm chunks.

i put the cucumber chunks but they dont go near it i made them haff a inch size

After that, I recommend blood worm chunks.
WTF?
Why, what is your reasoning for this?

Kadz can you describe all symptoms in as much detail as possible please.
How long has the fish been skinny, if indeed it is skinny?
Is he skinny or bloated?
Do you own a breeding trap?
What are your water stats?
Have you had any other fish die recently, if so from what?
What are his tankmates?

hey the fish is not skinny its pretty much bloated
and yes i do own a breeding trap
i dont know the water stat yet
i had a fish which died yesterday i dont know the name its like clown fish but not its orange and silver around gt 2 whisk coming down
tank mates are (angels, paradise fish, latin american domino's, tiger barbs, one south african catfish ,guppys,mollys,plattys)

please help thanks

the fish that died yesterday is on grimmy signature i dont know why or how it died

Dwarf Gourami :good:

Can you see any scales sticking up on the bloated fish?

Were any scales, fins or general bits missing off the dead dwarf gourami?

Will you be able to get to a fish shop today, or do you already have some medications?

If its bloated whatever you do, don't feed it bloodworm :no:

No worries, we'll get to the bottom of it.
If the fish is struggling to get air, you could try placing it in the breeding trap at the top however the stress of this could kill it.

Having noticed your post in the cory section little addition, can you get the temp down by performing a water change with cooler water?
This should really help the Cory alot, the warmer the tank water, the less oxygen it will hold....
Do you have an electric fan in your house?

I didn't know you had it posted here too.
I didn't know temp in c so I didn't mention it. That was my bad. Still same advice though.
Still need that same info too. :good:

Most reactions

Back