Please Help... Fry!

Lol, that's what I was thinking too, it is a smart idea! Well, at least I think so... heh :)

yeah this is how i fixd it it has a little split at the top thru ware and tare easy lol cheap to replace
100_0897.jpg

That 2 litre bottle is a good idea as long as the water gets changed a lot. I have my 30ish in a 10 gallon tank with a single adult fish and they are starting to become quite a load on the tank's capacity. My 55 is almost ready so they will be moving soon. On a 2 litre bottle, I would be pouring at least half into the main tank daily and then replacing it from the main tank just get hold down the ammonia in the bottle. After all your efforts, there is no reason to lose the fry now.

I think the bottle will be fine for them. Make sure you keep it clean though. Once algae and waste forms at the bottom do a water change or possibly just change the bottle.

yeah every other day i change it im got let the amonia build a little to get them use to it if u know what i mean. i pore them in to a net in the main tank empty the water out wash the bottle in hot water only, then fill it with water from the tank, throw the little ####s back in hehe :good: i feed them little and often at this stage 3-6 times a day if i can fit it in but only minute amounts so there is not stail left overs.

but i strongly believe that if you force a heavy sence of amonia at a young age they with be less saseptable to it get them when there young as they say lol

Thats a very ood routine. Make sure you keep up with it though so the fry stay healthy!

yeah every other day i change it im got let the amonia build a little to get them use to it if u know what i mean. i pore them in to a net in the main tank empty the water out wash the bottle in hot water only, then fill it with water from the tank, throw the little ####s back in hehe :good: i feed them little and often at this stage 3-6 times a day if i can fit it in but only minute amounts so there is not stail left overs.

but i strongly believe that if you force a heavy sence of amonia at a young age they with be less saseptable to it get them when there young as they say lol

Ammonia is a poison to fish and it doesn't occur in a good well maintained mature tank - letting them having a bit of ammonia as babies will not make them less likely to have problems when they are older - but it's more likely to kill or deform them when they are fry
please don't make them swim around in ammonia - it burns them

lol...

could you put loads of holes into the side of the bottle so they get curculation but not big enough for them to swim/get stuck or cut a slit in both sides and put tights around it..

Most reactions

Back