Please Help... Fry!

god u are every where go away! lol

just giving advice as this is a forum where you have posted requesting advice and i posted what ammonia does to fish , if you post requesting advice and i can give you some that will help the fishes , thats what the forum is here for

thanks sarah x

You might try taking a little arsenic each day so you can get used to it the way you are asking your fish to become accustomed to ammonia in their water. It would not be the first time arsenic in a chronic dose killed someone.

The ammonia is not that bad for the fry as long as you keep it in balance. Don't worry about the "dying" in ammonia! lol

yeah this is how i fixd it it has a little split at the top thru ware and tare easy lol cheap to replace
100_0897.jpg
i hope you change some of the water in that bottle every few hours or the ammonia will build up and poison them

The ammonia is not that bad for the fry as long as you keep it in balance. Don't worry about the "dying" in ammonia! lol

IT IS BAD for any fish please research a bit more before posting that the fish are fine in ammonia and wont die

As the damage from the ammonia poisoning continues, the tissues will be damaged as evidenced by red streaks or bloody patches that appear on the body and fins. Internal damage is occurring to the brain, organs, and central nervous system. The fish begins to hemorrhage internally and externally, and eventually dies.

At a level of level of 1 ppm or 1 mg/l, fish are under stress, even if they don't appear in acute distress. Levels even lower than that can be fatal if the fish are exposed continuously for several days. For that reason it is critical to continue daily testing and treatment until the ammonia drops to zero. When ammonia is elevated for a long period, it is not unusual to lose fish even after the ammonia levels start to drop.

above quote taken from http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/...moniapoison.htm

(cant remember web page this quoted from)
At higher levels (>0.1 mg/litre NH3) even relatively short exposures can lead to skin, eye, and gills damage. Elevated levels can also lead to ammonia poisoning by suppressing normal ammonia excrement from the gills. If fish are unable to excrete this metabolic waste product there is a rise in blood-ammonia levels resulting in damage to internal organs.;

SO please dont expose the fish to ammonia
Thanks sarah x

o ok because I used ammonia all the time and my fish lived happily for years!

What were you using the ammonia to do? It is a great thing to use for cycling a tank but once the fish are in the tank it should not be added. If you need to feed plants some nitrogen, a nitrate salt, such as KNO3, is much safer for the fish.

Most reactions

Back