Please Help... Fry!

Coldfire

Reaction score
hi everyone i would like some help on what to feed my fry :crazy: .... ill up load some pics now

can't crop the pics sorry cam is to bad...

There is many things to feed your fry. Livebearer fry aren't too picky and can usuually be fed on very finely crushed up flake food. Although microworms, baby brine shrimp etc is better and will make them grow faster.

If you go down to your local fish shop pick up some shelless brine eggs. Get a power head clean out a bottle very well and put in a salt mix and then put the airstone through the bottle and they should be hatched in no time then get a pair of your miss' tights and drain the water out and then put in your tank :)

I find the best thing to feed baby mollies is a vegetable type flake. You crush it up fine between finger tips and just drop it into the tank. Baby mollies are huge so they don't need the extremely small food for things like guppies and platies. A good quality flake will also suit them fine but mollies in general are not fed vegetable based food often enough. Decapsulated brine shrimp or BBS are OK for many kinds of fry but not ideal for a molly.

thank's.. i got some ''first bites'' only £1.69 promotes rapid growth ,superior nutritional balance ,slowly sinking granules
it look like curry powder lol the fry love it tho. would recomend to anyone....
does anyone know the growth chart on molly fry when will there colour and sex develop?

Attachments

• first_bites.jpg
    first_bites.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 63
Check the ingredients on that "growth" food. It is probably great as a general purpose fry food but if you don't find algae as a major ingredient, it is not close to ideal for mollies. I don't have any charts but these are my fry at 6 weeks. They are about 2 cm long and still can't be sexed.

Fry41_1024.jpg

no it there is no algae in it :angry: .. but i have algae in the tank so i may get a bit off the stone and drop it in ... here are my ones i have

male + female , silver mollys
male + female, marble mollys
male ..........., orange aka blood molly just like ur's but fully grown

i been trying for age's to upload a pic but i keep geting ''413 Request Entity Too Large''.....
could u help me fix this prob.. lol

I fed mine on finely crushed flakes of adult food and they did fine, good luck with them!

thank's GSD. oldman47 how do i sort this pic thng out mate?. i try inserting the image but a red x comes and it say's Sorry, dynamic pages in the

Hi, if you go to photobucket, you can upload your pics, then click the IMG code on the picture, copy and paste it to your post here, then it doesn't matter how big the pics are.. :)

EDIT:
You have a make an account though if you don't have one, sorry I forgot to say that right away, it's free though :)

THANKS SIM GUY TOP MAN
100_0874.jpg
:good: :good: :good: THERE 2 DAY'S OLD MUM IS MARBLE MOLLY DAD SILVER. I WAS HOPING THE ORANGE AKA BLOOD MOLLY WAS BUT SHE WAS PREG BEFORE I GOT HIM.

Most reactions

Back