Platy

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ya there are hiding alot all day long. I will put them in tonight. Which one looks the most pregnant i think that the biggest sunset platy is the farthest along?
From all the images attached, personally I think the one with the black patch on its tail looks the largest so I would put that one in first.

12 hours for day 12 hours for night
This is too much for fish, they should be having between 6-8 hours of light a day. Having the light on extra will increase algae growth and has no benefits for your fish tank.

What should i set my timer to?
I would suggest 7 hours, it’s a good amount of time and gives your fish plenty of time in their dark period, maybe you could increase it after all the pregnant fish have released their fry. Set it to when your going to be around, so that you can monitor your fish as much as possible.

Will plants grow with 8 hours of light?
I have a heavily planted dwarf puffer tank and my plants do very well with 7 hours a day, as long as water quality is good and you could occasionally add fertiliser they should do excellent.

Will they give birth quicker with more darkness?
To put her into the trap, use a net and slowly push her towards it, this way she is not being handled and no damage will come to her or her fry. You cannot leave her in there for more than 48 hours, and when the time comes shut out the lights and put her into the trap, leaving a bit of food for her.

Most reactions

Back