platy and bubble

weirdfishes

Reaction score
hi guys i am new and i just got platys for my fish tank and i got them a bubble stone thing for them because my dad said that was best it is loud and i was wondering if i could turn it off at night? i don't want to hurt my new pets or make them stressed

hi guys i am new and i just got platys for my fish tank and i got them a bubble stone thing for them because my dad said that was best it is loud and i was wondering if i could turn it off at night? i don't want to hurt my new pets or make them stressed
Make sure it isn’t touching anything or maybe even wrap it in a towel , I’ve seen some people do that to make it more quite, I have 3 in my 1 tank and they don’t make too much noise. It’s good to get movement on your water surface but if you turn it off while you sleep I don’t see a problem with that

Bubbles can be turned off at night as long as they are not part of the filter - an air powered sponge filter or a venturi on an internal filter for example. As long as there's a filter running 24/7 in the tank and the outlet is positioned to create surface movement, that's all you need.

my dad said that was best
You don't actually need bubbles in a tank, they are for decoration as long as the water is moved along under the surface by the filter. They are useful for creating more water turbulence in certain circumstances such as during a heatwave or when medicating a tank as both of these reduce the amount of oxygen in water, but apart from those bubbles aren't necessary.

Most reactions

Back