Plants Not Looking Too Healthy

deanrar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, i have a 30 gal tank with amazon sword and they are growing ok but going a little yellow i was wondering if there is any supplements that might perk them up, the only problem i have is that i have kuhli's so do not want anything that could potentaly be harmful to them.

Any help or advice welcome, cheers.

Dean

If it's the older leaves turning yellow, it's likely a Nitrogen or Potassium deficiency. If it's the newer leaves, it's likely an iron deficiency. In either case dosing regularly with a good all-round fertiliser such as Tropica TPN+ will help to provide them with the nutrients they are lacking.

Swords also feed quite heavily through their roots, so would benefit from root tabs to provide nutrition assuming you are not already using a nutrient-rich substrate.

If it's the older leaves turning yellow, it's likely a Nitrogen or Potassium deficiency. If it's the newer leaves, it's likely an iron deficiency. In either case dosing regularly with a good all-round fertiliser such as Tropica TPN+ will help to provide them with the nutrients they are lacking.

Swords also feed quite heavily through their roots, so would benefit from root tabs to provide nutrition assuming you are not already using a nutrient-rich substrate.
IMO the heavy root feeder thing is a myth, plants can utilize nutrients through their leaves just as well as their roots

Oh, I don't think it's vital, but I've definitely seen improvements in the health of swords when using root tabs over just dosing the water column.

hi, thanks for your help, will the potassium nitrate be ok with the kuhli loach as i have heard they can be sensitive to some supplements

Most reactions

Back