Planting Real Plants

I'm also new to this! I recently bought 5 different plants to put in my tank I have no idea what type they are but I followed the advice above about removing the weight & the foam, now all I seem to constantly do is find my plants floating on the top of my aquriam! Heeelp!

I'm also new to this! I recently bought 5 different plants to put in my tank I have no idea what type they are but I followed the advice above about removing the weight & the foam, now all I seem to constantly do is find my plants floating on the top of my aquriam! Heeelp!
It sounds like your substrate may not be deep enough. In a tank with fake decorations, 1/2" of sand/gravel is fine but with plants you need at least 1.5 inches and preferably up to 3 inches so the roots have room to grow and also so they will be deep enough not to pull out.

Here is a pretty good site with pictures to help you decide what plants you hae. If you still can't identify them, post photos and someone will help you. One general observation is that most plants with varigated leaves aren't really aquatic plants even though they are commonly sold as such.

Most reactions

Back